Would anyone be interested in helping me brainstorm ideas for my PS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsdothistomorrow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would prefer for this to be done over private message. I haven't started writing anything yet (I prefer to think up a general scheme before actually writing). Let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Tell your story. We don't know why you want to be a physician, but hopefully you do. Talk about experiences that lead to and encouraged you the most to pursue medicine. My tip for doing the personal statement is for your first draft, to just write it out. Write what ever comes to mind. Then once you have some the personal statement down, you'll find it easier to expand upon it, rearrange stuff, etc

Would prefer for this to be done over private message. I haven't started writing anything yet (I prefer to think up a general scheme before actually writing). Let me know!

Hiya!
I see this thread didn't get too much love or attention but i am in the SAME BOAT as you right now ~1.5 months later.
I cannot for the life of me come up with any way to convey my story/what drove me to medicine/why I am unique in a clever way.
Any luck on your end?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there - feel free to PM me if you want help brainstorming on your PS, I'm always happy to help!

Hopefully, you already know why you want to be a doctor. If you do not, do not apply this year. You won't get in. If you are unsure, seek out relevant medical related activities and find ones that you enjoy and ponder about why you enjoyed them. For example, did you enjoy working in the ED because you like to be under pressure? Or did you like research because you like finding out answers on your own?

If you know why you want to be a doctor, and have several relevant ECs, but just need help articulating that into a PS, might I suggest working on your ECs first? That helped me to avoid repeating things and to make my application cohesive.