You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
community college courses aren't really a good idea. plus taking the bare minimum pre-med requirements isn't necessarily enough to prove your proficiency in science if you were to apply to med school one day. I'd just do whatever you wanna do right now and cross this bridge if you come to it.
If you have no interest in medicine, do not take pre-med classes. It is that simple. That having been said, if you think its a possibility because of lack of exposure, you should spend some time at a hospital, maybe shadow a physician a couple hours a week and try to figure that out first.
It is preferable from an application standpoint as well as a time standpoint to figure this out earlier than later and take your pre-med courses at UCLA rather than a community program.
It is preferable from an application standpoint as well as a time standpoint to figure this out earlier than later and take your pre-med courses at UCLA rather than a community program.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
K
kpcrew
all your threads are about how you don't want to be a doctor
maybe you should stop doing premed stuff
maybe you should stop doing premed stuff
community college courses aren't really a good idea. plus taking the bare minimum pre-med requirements isn't necessarily enough to prove your proficiency in science if you were to apply to med school one day. I'd just do whatever you wanna do right now and cross this bridge if you come to it.
+1 the community college part.
However, The bare minimum IS PERFECT for getting into medical school. The above is bull**** on that. Requirements are there so people who don't want to take all the bull**** don't need to.
I was an exercise and fitness major (no joke, that was my major), and not even one class overlapped with medical requirements.
Best decision I ever made was to take a major that had nothing to do with pre-med classes.
I also agree with Lobo12. Man up.
community college courses aren't really a good idea. plus taking the bare minimum pre-med requirements isn't necessarily enough to prove your proficiency in science if you were to apply to med school one day. I'd just do whatever you wanna do right now and cross this bridge if you come to it.
That's not at all true. While it's generally considered a bad idea to take all of your pre-req classes at a CC when you are a degree-seeking student, it's actually pretty common to do so if you already have your degree and are just trying to hit the pre-reqs so you can apply to med school.
This. It is your life, take control of it.If you're not interested man up and tell your parents. It's your decision ultimately.
If you have no interest in medicine, do not take pre-med classes. It is that simple. That having been said, if you think its a possibility because of lack of exposure, you should spend some time at a hospital, maybe shadow a physician a couple hours a week and try to figure that out first.
It is preferable from an application standpoint as well as a time standpoint to figure this out earlier than later and take your pre-med courses at UCLA rather than a community program.
I agree with this!
Man Up
I agree with this!
I appreciate the quoting of me, but I wrote that more than 2 years ago...
I appreciate the quoting of me, but I wrote that more than 2 years ago...
Oh wow totally missed that, sorry! I was just reading through some threads!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 785
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 602