Would it look bad if......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MansonTiles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI EVERYONE!

wanted to ask peoples opinions, I ve been accepted for sereveral post bac/ or special masters programs and ONE of them is at a MEDical school.....

would it be a bad idea to do a POST BAC at a MED SCHOOL??????? would dental schools not appreciate this???????

others are at JOhns Hopkins.....and some other randoms....BUT, the curriculum at the post bac at the med school is ALOT more rigorous, SO WOULDNT THAT LOOK better on my transcripts, than other post bacs/,masters ?????? or not.

Im only doing this since i have this upcoming year off....and IF, IF i am not able to get in this year, then i will have under my belt for the next year....

is it even worth at all doing a post bac/masters for a YEAR?!?!?!?!?

ANy OPINIONS are welcome. please. thank you. goodbye. :thumbup: :) :thumbup: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's a great idea to do a post-bacc at a medical school and think dental schools would look favorably on that (especially at a prestigious school like Hopkins!). However, I would only recommend doing a post-bacc program if you have a low GPA or don't have a science background and need to take pre-reqs. If your grades are decent and you're done with pre-reqs, take some advanced biology classes and get some experience in dentistry by assisting in a dental office or working in a dental lab. :thumbup: