Would Psychology Statistics count in BCPM GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TigerLilies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would Psychology Statistics be counted in BCPM GPA? (It's a statistics course but it's in the psychology department.)

Thanks!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

TigerLilies said:
Would Psychology Statistics be counted in BCPM GPA? (It's a statistics course but it's in the psychology department.)

Thanks!! :)

I didn't count it in my BCPM, and they didn't correct it. Didn't count my business stats either.

Really? I thought since it's stats it would be BCPM...:(

Members don't see this ad :)
TigerLilies said:

Unfortunately, only stats under the math department are counted. Psych stats and social stats are different courses, and are thus not counted.

I've heard mixed answers on this questions (I have taken pysch stats as well), but since I didn't get an A, I'm putting it down as non-BCPM. :oops:

SanDiegoSOD said:
I've heard mixed answers on this questions (I have taken pysch stats as well), but since I didn't get an A, I'm putting it down as non-BCPM. :oops:

To the OP, last year when I filled out AMCAS I placed Psych Stats in the BCPM category as Math and it DID count! So, I guess it sucks for you guys that didn't place it in BCPM (oops).

vivek311r said:
To the OP, last year when I filled out AMCAS I placed Psych Stats in the BCPM category as Math and it DID count! So, I guess it sucks for you guys that didn't place it in BCPM (oops).

You can pretty much manipulate the application, and put whatever you want in the BCPM, but the schools always get your transcripts, and can do their own calculations, if they ever question anything.

So, generally speaking, you place what you wish into your BCPM? Beyond the obvious, which are g. chem, o. chem, physics, math (calc, ode, etc.), and bio, you might be able to pick and choose on what you wish to include (and non include)? I thinking of classes, i.e. a course offered in the human biology department called sports medicine, or a seminar offered through the biology department titled "Genomics, Bioinformatics and Medicine"

What about these (and other borderlines that come to mind)?

Thanks

does biostats count in the science major?

I don't remember if it counted or not...I've slept once or twice since then. Plus, I'm working on developing selective amnesia to block the whole application process from my memory.
Thus, I ask:
What's the AMCAS?

TigerLilies said:

Are you talking about statistical psycholoy. I was a psyc major and that is a good question. I would like to know the answer to that