Would Really like some help.

CallMeElk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i stumbled upon this site Googling "If i did bad in highschool can i Still be a Doctor"

So basicly you can see where this is going, Ive always breezed through highschool and im going back for grade 13, I realized the importance of school, and having a future. i would always say to my self and friends "Man i wish i could be a Surgeon Specificly when i grow up but my marks are ****",

But im still in highschool and i figured if i spend an extra year taking all university courses, and putting my mind down to it i might be able to accomplish a dream. Ive gotten 50-65's all through highschool, and literaly never did a peice of homework, but i would spend every minute of my time studying and working hard if its a possiblity that i could become a surgeon. i want to become a surgeon specificly.

Is it still possbile to get into University and then medical school with improving my grades or is it to late?

and what should i take Specificly would i need Uni Math, And chemistry? Any help is amazing i hope someone can shed some insight,

Thanks in advance,

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody cares what or how you did in high school. Go to the best university you can and work your ass off, kill it and you can do whatever you want, including being a neurosurgeon and making $1m/yr cracking skulls.
Alrighty Thanks, but you do need a high GPA to get into UNI do you not? since my marks have been Crap all untill now. That would be an issue right?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have $$ and a HS diploma, you'll find a university to accept you. If you do well, you may be able to transfer into a better one after a year or two if you want.
Ok because im literaly sitting here trying to sign up for my courses, and All the "University" Classes i cant take because i dont have the prerequisite, So i can only take Collages. Does that mean i should take a Year prior uni courses, like grade 11, so i can take the grade 12? or should i take the gr.12 collages.

Your high school grades will not matter as far as getting into medical school but you need to drastically improve your work ethic when it comes to schoolwork and I mean a full on dedication. Your school work (and EC's) should be treated like its your full time job and you have 5 mouths to feed. Take your education and grades seriously and then you will be gold. Try getting into your state public university and excelling in all your courses. If you have to go to a community college, transfer to a university as soon as you can.

You have two threads on the exact same topic. I'm not a mod on this particular forum, but one of these should be closed. OP, please don't do that in the future.

You have two threads on the exact same topic. I'm not a mod on this particular forum, but one of these should be closed. OP, please don't do that in the future.
Was asking a Different question, But i will sorry.

Go to community college; If you get a 3.5+ after full semester of a minimum of 12 credits you can get into phi theta kappa which is an honors society.
From there you'll receive a lot of scholarships, and be able to get into a reputable state flag ship.

Go to community college; If you get a 3.5+ after full semester of a minimum of 12 credits you can get into phi theta kappa which is an honors society.
From there you'll receive a lot of scholarships, and be able to get into a reputable state flag ship.

This is a good option if OP is strapped for cash or if he/she needs to build up study skills. Most med schools won't care about a year at CC if you do well there and then continue to do well at a 4 year college/uni. However, if OP does take this route, make sure to take the bulk of med school pre-reqs (physio, cell bio, etc.) at the 4 year school and make sure you do NOT continue with your trend of getting D's and F's. You should be shooting for a 3.6+ GPA at the college level to have a decent shot at most med schools, but regularly scoring below an 80 (in the C range or lower) is sure to lead only to rejections.

Buckle down, focus, and most importantly learn to study consistently and your high school missteps won't hinder getting into med school.

This is a good option if OP is strapped for cash or if he/she needs to build up study skills. Most med schools won't care about a year at CC if you do well there and then continue to do well at a 4 year college/uni. However, if OP does take this route, make sure to take the bulk of med school pre-reqs (physio, cell bio, etc.) at the 4 year school and make sure you do NOT continue with your trend of getting D's and F's. You should be shooting for a 3.6+ GPA at the college level to have a decent shot at most med schools, but regularly scoring below an 80 (in the C range or lower) is sure to lead only to rejections.

Buckle down, focus, and most importantly learn to study consistently and your high school missteps won't hinder getting into med school.
Yeah;
Community Colleges can have great academics, but the rigor is not comparable to university. It's a good middle ground to transition into college for those who didn't do so well in High School.
Also you're correct, a year in CC won't do anything but don't take med school pre-reqs. If you *do* then take higher level courses in the subject as the pre-req to make up for it.