Would the Board care about a job offer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simplywaiting

Reaction score
I've applied for licensure in MA. I have been waiting 7 weeks so far and I have heard the processing can take 3 months. I have a job offer that is contingent on licensure. They have been understanding thus far but I am afraid I'll lose the offer if licensure drags on. Would it help expedite the process if I call and say I have a job offer waiting or am I just stuck waiting? I've already emailed them twice so I don't want to risk annoying them either.
It's been a frustratingly slow process and I feel like I'm trying desperately for some way to move things along.

Members don't see this ad.

I've applied for licensure in MA. I have been waiting 7 weeks so far and I have heard the processing can take 3 months. I have a job offer that is contingent on licensure. They have been understanding thus far but I am afraid I'll lose the offer if licensure drags on. Would it help expedite the process if I call and say I have a job offer waiting or am I just stuck waiting? I've already emailed them twice so I don't want to risk annoying them either.
It's been a frustratingly slow process and I feel like I'm trying desperately for some way to move things along.

7 weeks is not that long in Board of Psych time, that's like 1 business day to them. You can indeed hound them, but I don't know if it will do anything. I've been licensed in several jurisdictions, quickest was about 2 months, longest was about 6 months.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah- it's unlikely to make a difference. Pretty much everyone who is seeking licensure has a compelling financial reason to get it ASAP. Volunteer boards are overworked, and the actual paid employees who do the application processing likely do so for multiple licensure boards. While it can't hurt to contact them (barring some passive-aggressive malcontent who misplaces your application because you "bothered" them), you'd probably have more luck trying to arrange something with your employer. If this is your initial licensure anywhere, and the position is geared towards an early career newly licensed person, then they would likely familiar with the process. Heck- if they had a lot of other choices they would have gone with somebody already licensed.

Reactions: 3 users
If you worked at Burger King and someone came in and asked to cut the line and be taken first because they were REALLY hungry. More so than any of the other customers already in line. What would you do?

This is same thing, except you are the customer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users