You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Would you say pharmacy is a difficult career?
Started by Matt123
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I sure hope not.
Being 72 years old, going back to school to do something difficult doesn't sound too fun. But given the fact that I will be making 6 figures and be single, I hope the babes I get after graduating pharm school will more than make up for it.
Being 72 years old, going back to school to do something difficult doesn't sound too fun. But given the fact that I will be making 6 figures and be single, I hope the babes I get after graduating pharm school will more than make up for it.
I sure hope not.
Being 72 years old, going back to school to do something difficult doesn't sound too fun. But given the fact that I will be making 6 figures and be single, I hope the babes I get after graduating pharm school will more than make up for it.
How many times are you going to post the above statement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just in school right now, and the thought of learning to compound/memorize hundreds of drugs scares me. Is it one of those things that gets easy once you've had a lot of practice or is it challenging every day?
That won't be the reason why pharmacy is a difficult career...in fact, if all we had to do was memorize hundres of drugs and compound drugs to make 6 figures... anyone could do it..
1
117296
I sure hope not.
Being 72 years old, going back to school to do something difficult doesn't sound too fun. But given the fact that I will be making 6 figures and be single, I hope the babes I get after graduating pharm school will more than make up for it.
Especially when he clearly states that he is 28 in another forum.👎
I'm just in school right now, and the thought of learning to compound/memorize hundreds of drugs scares me. Is it one of those things that gets easy once you've had a lot of practice or is it challenging every day?
Man, you memorize information about hundreds of drugs in one semester. It's not as daunting as it sounds, though.
top 100 by the end of the semester here, 2nd 100 next semester.Man, you memorize information about hundreds of drugs in one semester. It's not as daunting as it sounds, though.
my school's offering a notecard set through one of the fraternities but they want 40 bucks for them 😱
There's an excel spreadsheet of the top 200 drugs on this forum if you search for it. Certainly not as handy as note cards but you could print them off and study that way, while saving $40.top 100 by the end of the semester here, 2nd 100 next semester.
my school's offering a notecard set through one of the fraternities but they want 40 bucks for them 😱
top 100 by the end of the semester here, 2nd 100 next semester.
my school's offering a notecard set through one of the fraternities but they want 40 bucks for them 😱
I was thinking more like pharmacology where you have to memorize waaaaay more that just brand-generic-drug class....
Generic name, Brand name, Drug class, FDA approved uses, Strengths, Federal & State Control Schedule, and Common Side Effects.I was thinking more like pharmacology where you have to memorize waaaaay more that just brand-generic-drug class....
but I know what you mean. 😉
The Assignment::
http://www.pharmacytimes.com/files/articlefiles/PT08MayRxFocusTOP200Drugs.pdfThis is the link to the top 200 drugs of 2007. Please note the following:
- please utilize the FIRST of the two lists in this file. The first one is rank by number of prescriptions dispensed nationwide. (The second list is ranked by dollar sales amounts, and as you can see, brand names top the list. So please use the first list).
- Top 100 drugs only for IPEP 1, up to and including lorazepam.
- Some drugs may repeat. See for example #5, levothyroxine, #6, Synthroid, and #70 Levoxyl. Synthroid and Levoxyl are brands of levothyroxine. Consider this as one drug. Know levothyroxine, and all of its brand names (i.e.- Synthroid, Levoxyl, etc). Additionally, #3, #4, and #79 appear to be Hydrocodone with acetaminophen. The reason why it's listed twice is because more than one manufacturer was dispensed, and possibly in more than one strength. (hopefully this should slim down the list a bit...)
Generic name, Brand name, Drug class, FDA approved uses, Strengths, Federal & State Control Schedule, and Common Side Effects.
but I know what you mean. 😉
Um...yeah...that's still rather elementary stuff. Just rote memorization. Heh...you'll see...
don't worry so much about the memorization.. just get a job as a pharm tech and you will memorize brand/generic and all dosage forms in no time after seeing them for 8hrs straight x 40hrs/week x 4 months (during the summer).. seriously
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K