Would you support a "Pharmacy Surplus Discussion" sticky thread?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Should there be a single thread for pharmacy surplus/end of shortage topics?


  • Total voters
    48

medicalCPA

Actually, it's medicalCPA, MD, PhD now
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems that lately there have been several discussions of a pharmacy surplus a.k.a the end of the pharmacy shortage, and some members have wondered whether such threads/discussions should be merged.

Should there be a sticky thread for such discussions, or should the pharmacy students forum be left as is? Please vote in the poll, thank you.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I honestly think most of the people starting these threads wouldn't notice a sticky. They tend to be new users and don't use the search function. It might be helpful, but I don't know how effective it would be.
 
I vote sticky in the prepharm forum. We don't need anymore people! Sadly, there will be plenty of people who don't read these forums who will apply regardless.
 
At the risk of sounding foolish, as I've been a member on SDN for about a year (but haven't been on for a while until recently), what exactly is a "sticky"? 😳
 
And very little discussion of the correct handbag to match one's lexus. 🙂

Cool avatar(s), by the way. They look like sylized versions of real-ish pictures. Is there an online program that makes them?

Oh no, I'm sure Pri would still be certain to keep us up to date on what kind of fruit-patterned handbags we should be sporting.

Yup, I do them online to fit the season, sporting event, travels...been doing it so long, now it's almost like an obligation. Think Mikey called it something along the lines of Barbie on crack...which I concur.
 
👍

If I understand correctly, the fruit patterned bags are a wise investment. After a few years you can sell them for enough profit to purchase your new sig-ot.

LOL. Oh! Is that where I'm going wrong?

And double whammy for me, because I'm driving a 10 year-old Mustang (i.e. most definitely not Lexus). Guess I stand no chance at all. 😉
 
It seems that lately there have been several discussions of a pharmacy surplus a.k.a the end of the pharmacy shortage, and some members have wondered whether such threads/discussions should be merged.

Should there be a sticky thread for such discussions, or should the pharmacy students forum be left as is? Please vote in the poll, thank you.

And btw, you're probably looking at merging a good 240 threads if you decide to undertake this project... 😉😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There shouldn't be a sticky, there should be an FAQ and a permanent moratorium on the subject. Srsly. But a sticky is a good compromise.
 
i think they should just be banned for posting about it. Nice and simple... painless too
 
Do it. That way people will know it has been beat to death or at the least they can contribute something original.
 
Don't freak out. I know there are 4 threads stickied right now. Is there any of them that shouldn't be merged into the master sticky? The San Francisco is regionally based, but still about saturation. WVU's fits the subject. The staying in school one is related, but not an exact fit. I only checked the 1st 2 pages of threads. Anything older is probably dead anyway. The ones that don't really fit in I'll unsticky, the others will be merged into the one I've already combined two into.
 
Last edited:
I accidentally voted no.... somebody change my vote back!!!

I thought they meant in addition to all the current threads (i read the title only, before voting and didnt see that it would involve a merge of all the old threads)
haha I did the same thing. The first thing that came to mind was "oh h*** no to anymore of these surplus/shortage threads." Oh well. The stickies are up.
 
I think this is a great idea but your stickys are definitely confusing. You even have one for San Fran saturation. It's a bit of an overkill. I think merging them into a general saturation topic would work much better.

Just a thought.

ok so my post above was meant to clear up that confusion. Though it appears everyone else sees the subject matter in them as the same (not unique enough to deserve their own standing, but unstickied, thread.) I'll go ahead and merge in the other three, and leave one megathread stickied.

They weren't all merged together initially because merging can't easily be undone. I was wondering if anyone would say "well the school thread's different enough it can be it's own thread" or something of that nature.