Would you take this trip?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepa100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I plan to prep for the MCAT starting Jan 1 and take the test on April 18th. I am a new mom of a small baby so, I will not take any other classes except an English lit class. I am enrolled in a TPR review that starts on Jan 28th.

I have some frequent flyer miles saved up and me and hubby can get free tickets to visit some family members in San Diego any time in Jan. I am not sure if I should go or just stick around till the MCAT is done.

I could take the books with me and try to study during the trip (won't be more than 4 days).

I appreciate any advise you may have.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Oh definitely go. It is important to study so you won't have to retake but four days for a trip to see family would probably do you some good and help you to refocus on the MCAT once you get back. Maybe this won't be the popular opinion but I say leave the MCAT books at home, or at least most of them.

Hi folks,
I plan to prep for the MCAT starting Jan 1 and take the test on April 18th. I am a new mom of a small baby so, I will not take any other classes except an English lit class. I am enrolled in a TPR review that starts on Jan 28th.

I have some frequent flyer miles saved up and me and hubby can get free tickets to visit some family members in San Diego any time in Jan. I am not sure if I should go or just stick around till the MCAT is done.

I could take the books with me and try to study during the trip (won't be more than 4 days).

Yes... go! Even four days of no MCAT prep probably won't hurt you. In fact, a small vacation right before the hell that is studying for the exam will probably HELP you. GOOD LUCK.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi folks,

Leave your books at home. You probably wouldn't touch them on the trip and they would just be extra stuff to carry. If you feel you must have something, make yourself a few flashcards (no more than 10) and toss them out when just before you come back home. Enjoy your vacation and come back ready to work hard.

Thanks! Part of me was kinda' scared of MCAT :eek: and wanting to run away a bit :scared: before the review began:D

Go! And you're very brave to take on MCAT w/ a small baby. When this dude was small, I think my IQ dropped about 30 points (to my surprise, it did rebound eventually, I think).:D