Would you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gagequintin

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For all the pharmacy doubters..

Would you go into pharmacy if you could graduate debt free? This hypothetical situation would only work with pharmacy.

Just wanting to see how people would answer this question since a major contributor for people not wanting to go to pharmacy is the amount of debt.
 
Debt free, maybe. But then again, I probably would chosen software engineering where the job market is a lot better, gross pay is just as good as in pharmacy if not better, you don't need to spend an additional 4 years on education, and I would be doing something I think I would be more suited to do.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i think a lot of people would do fields they are more interested in if there was no debt in that field. people would do music, social sciences, pharmacy, law, if there was no debt. debt is a barrier in many fields, not just pharmacy.