Would you....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Wu-Tang Killa Bee, May 31, 2002.

1. Wu-Tang Killa Bee

I am off to a 13 month postbac program Sunday. The great thing about this program is that if you maintain a 3.0 you are guaranteed admission the following year. One of the negative aspects is that it is 1100 miles from home. Would you:

1. Go to the program, and go to the school next year( which I liked very much, I am from the east coast and I love the midwest).

2. Possibly go to Howard if accepted ( I disliked Howard, the whole atmosphere turned me off. My interviewer brought me into his office and got a call ~ 1 min in and talked for 45 min to a buddy about his daughter taking Biochem as opposed to Biology as a major. He asked me two questions and that was the end of the session. How crappy is that?)

3. Take progam and apply again to my state school and a school where I interviewed where the admissions director told me if I did a postbac program my chances of getting in next year would be good.

4. I am on the waitlist at RWJ an maybe pulled off two weeks before classes begin. Should I stay in the program because I like the school or rush up to RWJ in NJ and start med school unsettled?

Thanks for the advice

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member

I'd go with 3 or 4.. or 1... anything but 2 really. If you have other possible opinions, don't go to a medical school you really don't like.

4. docuw

docuw Senior Member

3 and 4

5. lady bug

Which postbac program are you going to?

6. Wu-Tang Killa Bee

U of Kansas (non-Masters program)

7. lady bug

Could you tell me more about this program? What are the requirements for it? Do you have to be a Kansas resident? Is there a website? Thanks

8. DOtobe

Attending Physician
    I'd go with number 1...especially since you liked the school. Applying to other medical schools with your post-bac would only increase your chances of acceptance, not GUARANTEE them. With the post-bac you are guaranteed an acceptance there as long as you keep a 3.0. So I'd go with #1.

9. Raptor

Raptor Found one

I agree to relatively prime, you don't want to go to a med school you don't like b/c you are going to spend 4 years of your life there. "Backward" Howard,from what I read on previous posts, is a pain in the gluteus maximu(plushemarroids). :mad: I am a undergrad and hopefully two years from now Howard will not be my choice of med school. I can't believe the interviewer did that, I would had walked out because it showed apathy reflected on the school. But I think choice 3 and 4 definetly look nice and 4 is way better. I wish you the best of luck in this situation.