Would you....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wu-Tang Killa Bee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am off to a 13 month postbac program Sunday. The great thing about this program is that if you maintain a 3.0 you are guaranteed admission the following year. One of the negative aspects is that it is 1100 miles from home. Would you:

1. Go to the program, and go to the school next year( which I liked very much, I am from the east coast and I love the midwest).

2. Possibly go to Howard if accepted ( I disliked Howard, the whole atmosphere turned me off. My interviewer brought me into his office and got a call ~ 1 min in and talked for 45 min to a buddy about his daughter taking Biochem as opposed to Biology as a major. He asked me two questions and that was the end of the session. How crappy is that?)

3. Take progam and apply again to my state school and a school where I interviewed where the admissions director told me if I did a postbac program my chances of getting in next year would be good.

4. I am on the waitlist at RWJ an maybe pulled off two weeks before classes begin. Should I stay in the program because I like the school or rush up to RWJ in NJ and start med school unsettled?

Thanks for the advice

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go with 3 or 4.. or 1... anything but 2 really. If you have other possible opinions, don't go to a medical school you really don't like.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which postbac program are you going to?

Could you tell me more about this program? What are the requirements for it? Do you have to be a Kansas resident? Is there a website? Thanks

I'd go with number 1...especially since you liked the school. Applying to other medical schools with your post-bac would only increase your chances of acceptance, not GUARANTEE them. With the post-bac you are guaranteed an acceptance there as long as you keep a 3.0. So I'd go with #1.

I agree to relatively prime, you don't want to go to a med school you don't like b/c you are going to spend 4 years of your life there. "Backward" Howard,from what I read on previous posts, is a pain in the gluteus maximu(plushemarroids). :mad: I am a undergrad and hopefully two years from now Howard will not be my choice of med school. I can't believe the interviewer did that, I would had walked out because it showed apathy reflected on the school. But I think choice 3 and 4 definetly look nice and 4 is way better. I wish you the best of luck in this situation.