Wouldn't be fair if adcom were able to see what version of DAT test you took...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preden

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be fair if adcom were able to see your DAT score as well as the version of the test you took?

Similar to GPA, the adcom see your GPA as well as your major and the school that you haved attended.

Ok... Since I really don't know, I'm just assuming that there are like 20 versions or something...

Members don't see this ad.

Are you asking "would it be fair" for adcoms to see what version you took? I doubt that they would really know/care about the different versions of the standardized test. They already have a lot of other factors to look at. Plus the student can choose their major and school but not their test version.

Last edited:
Yeah, its supposed to be "standardized" (regardless if it is or isn't) for a reason-to compare applicants with out a bias towards major/gpa.

Just out of curiosity..how many test versions are there? It seems like people are fussing about this more and more lately.

Yeah, let's just drive the goddamn bus right over the cliff....

I guess your DAT score doesn't mean jack unless you were pianoed or frapped.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to point out that at the bottom of the unofficial score report after you take the test, it says:
"Through the use of standard scores, it is possible to compare the performance of examinees taking different editions of the Dental Admissions Test."

So I'm pretty sure the ADA has already taken into account that different versions vary in difficulty when establishing how many questions right correspond to a 20, 21, etc.

While it is likely true that certain versions are harder than others, you would need to get more questions correct on an easier version to receive the same score as someone with a harder version. It's the ADA's job to standardize this test. Thus there is no need to have to report the version to dental schools.

Like everyone said, the test is standardized, so no one cares what version you got.