WOW......I am actually scared.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So no one actually cares that they might commit suicide if they graduate from optometry school in a standard fashion ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why does it have to be so complicated..you find something you like doing, you work hard towards your goal..only to find all of this and what has yet to come (4 more years of school/ 150+ k debt) may not even pay off..yes i am scared; this isn't anything new to any of pre-opt students, i mean i hope not. I have to admit that all the negative things we hear about the outlook of optometry (esp. in the great state of CA) are pretty discouraging and i'm just not sure if i should allow it to completly affect my decision.:bang: does anyone else who's applying right now relates to this?

So no one actually cares that they might commit suicide if they graduate from optometry school in a standard fashion ?

Personally, no. This doesn't bother me. I'm well aware of the debt that comes with schooling, and I have a great support system. Of course unforeseeable events happen, but that's why you have to make a plan, but take things one day at a time.

Not to mention most optometry schools have 0% default rates for their federal loans.