WoW!!! Science GPA According to AADSAS!!!!

gabrielmeraz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2004
    As anybody compared their Transcripts' Science GPA Scores against the Ones that AADSAS has in their guidelines??? Have Mercy!! I went from a 3.76 Science GPA to a miserable 3.61; and this is only because my trig, pre-calc, and calculus classes saves my arrseee. My BCP dropped to 3.53!!! that's counting all my Bio Classes. wow!! incredible. I haven't check my overall GPA, but I feel it would go even lower since I tend to do better at science classes than the extracurricular ones. :eek:

About the Ads

reLAXgirl

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Dec 7, 2004
    Rocky Mtn West
      ScottW3 said:
      Oh come on. I know its not what you had on the transcript, but still, that is a good GPA. Far from miserable.

Exactly! If you are miserable with those stats I must be suicidal with a 3.18 science. Luckily, I got into multiple schools so I can continue on in my menial existence. . .

:rolleyes:

Biogirl361

1K Member
      7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Mar 7, 2004
        gabrielmeraz said:
        As anybody compared their Transcripts' Science GPA Scores against the Ones that AADSAS has in their guidelines??? Have Mercy!! I went from a 3.76 Science GPA to a miserable 3.61; and this is only because my trig, pre-calc, and calculus classes saves my arrseee. My BCP dropped to 3.53!!! that's counting all my Bio Classes. wow!! incredible. I haven't check my overall GPA, but I feel it would go even lower since I tend to do better at science classes than the extracurricular ones. :eek:

I know what you mean, my overall transcript GPA was a 3.8 and aadsas went around telling schools I had like a 3.6 because their grade conversion chart made me enter all my 3.5's as B+'s (3.3's on their scale). :thumbdown: yes, yes, this is still a good gpa and so on, but it's always exasperating to be brought down significantly from what you're used to having...

UMDeeMan

7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Feb 12, 2004
        Duluth, MN
          mochafreak said:
          but I know that all my 3.5 B+ go to 3.33.

i never knew a B+ was a 3.5, so what is an A- in that system? I've always been in the B+ = 3.33 system and A- = 3.66 so i guess i'm prepared. so what is the value for schools that give A/B's, i'd assume they get the 3.5 gpa points.

mochafreak

registered quaffer
          10+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Oct 5, 2003
          Where the deer use crosswalks
          1. Dentist
            There were no minus grades, which is probably why they gave 0.5 instead of 0.33. I really don't think it's right for AADSAS to not give the 0.5 for that grading system either. I'm in the under 3.0 club too, with 4 years of engineering grades screwing me and my science GPA over, so I tend to get a little upset when I think about it. :thumbdown:

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.