wow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tommy43087

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my DAT is in 8 days and with my luck my cpu burned out(and is not repairable or replacable) and i have no access to topscore, CDP or achiever and i saved the majority of them(all of my topscore) for this weekend and week. I cant believe i got so screwed, i emailed them but i doubt they will reissue a key because that was a topic on CDP's FAQ. Well i dont know why im posting a thread on this but i felt i should vent to you guys and advise most of you to install these programs on a stable computer(which i thought my desktop was!) hopefully going over destroyer will be enough, but i really needed those practice tests...DAmn!

Members don't see this ad.

So my DAT is in 8 days and with my luck my cpu burned out(and is not repairable or replacable) and i have no access to topscore, CDP or achiever and i saved the majority of them(all of my topscore) for this weekend and week. I cant believe i got so screwed, i emailed them but i doubt they will reissue a key because that was a topic on CDP's FAQ. Well i dont know why im posting a thread on this but i felt i should vent to you guys and advise most of you to install these programs on a stable computer(which i thought my desktop was!) hopefully going over destroyer will be enough, but i really needed those practice tests...DAmn!
OK! first of all...relax dude!
The same thing happened to me exactly a week before my exam. My motherboard died on me.
Yet, my DAT scores came out rather decent. So, you're not completely screwed yet.
Here's what I did with CDP. E-mail them and discuss the situation with them. Last year, they agreed to issue a new key for me for 19.00$, which wasn't that bad.
I'm not sure if people at topscore will do the same thing.
Nevertheless, I spent the last 7 days on my couch watching TV, and I still scored well.
A week of studying wouldn't make that big of a difference.
If these people didn't agree to reissue a key for you, perhaps you can review your destroyer to refresh your memory a little.
But seriously, relax...It's not that bad.
There's this guy on the Predent forum, and he had a severe eye infection a week before his exam. Now, he's screwed, because his doctor told him he needs to rest for a whole month and there aren't any alternative treatments. So your situtation might be frustrating, but it's not that bad.

Good Luck:thumbup:

yea i know i read that post, NOW that really sucks. Nah im not like totally freaking out i just was really counting on the topscore exams more than anything thats why i saved them, but im not the THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END type of guy when something goes wrong. Well hopefully something works out and things go well. Thanks for your input dude. By the way, what helped most during the last week, well you said you sat on the couch and watched t.v.(wish i felt that good about the DAT to do that) but anyone else who reads this i would like some advice.

yea i know i read that post, NOW that really sucks. Nah im not like totally freaking out i just was really counting on the topscore exams more than anything thats why i saved them, but im not the THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END type of guy when something goes wrong. Well hopefully something works out and things go well. Thanks for your input dude. By the way, what helped most during the last week, well you said you sat on the couch and watched t.v.(wish i felt that good about the DAT to do that) but anyone else who reads this i would like some advice.
I think destroyer helped me a lot. After I got tired of sitting on the couch for 5-6 hours I reviewed each section of destroyer. I did 40 questions per section every day. That allowed me to review destroyer one last time during the final week and that helped me tremendously, specially with the chem sections.
Other than that, I mostly relaxed. I studied 3 months and I started hating anything that involved paper and ink, and I simply refused to allow my marker and that stupid board meet.
Best of luck to you:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Or you could just pick up a Bio book and read, that couldn't hurt.

Was it JUST the CPU? If you get a replacement with the same or similar specs, you might be able to avoid a reformat. Sometimes Windows has a fit over new processors though. kind of a crapshoot. There are also some programs that copy all your data and registry info to a new set of hardware specs i.e. new computers.

Was it JUST the CPU? If you get a replacement with the same or similar specs, you might be able to avoid a reformat. Sometimes Windows has a fit over new processors though. kind of a crapshoot. There are also some programs that copy all your data and registry info to a new set of hardware specs i.e. new computers.

Yea just the CPU and the CPU in it isnt sold in stores anymore, i built the computer like 4 years ago. The earliest i can get a replacement(online) is in 5 business days and my DAT is next saturday so im pretty much SOL. Ima just stick to reading cliffs and destroyer for the next week, oh well. And hopefully not hitting up CDP wont affect me too much, i was scoring 21-25's on it so i hope for the best. We'll see, i'll definitely be giving a breakdown.