WhyNOT111

USC Dentistry 2013
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Los Angeles
Status
Dental Student
Just got rejected by NYU without an interview.
LOL

3.6gpa 3.6Science
20/19/21 with 24RC and 24GC

Not even an interview??

Crazy world we live in

Dentgirl09

10+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Just got rejected by NYU without an interview.
LOL

3.6gpa 3.6Science
20/19/21 with 24RC and 24GC

Not even an interview??

Crazy world we live in
When did you submit apps / complete? That's weird.... scares me!

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
Status
Dental Student
well with those high of scores in those sections you must have gotten fairly low in the others. Maybe they were under the cutoff line.

About the Ads

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Possibly but that doesn't seem like the end all be all of things though. Realize they only give out 800 interviews out of the thousands of applications. Sometimes it doesn't make sense.

WhyNOT111

USC Dentistry 2013
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Los Angeles
Status
Dental Student
Possibly but that doesn't seem like the end all be all of things though. Realize they only give out 800 interviews out of the thousands of applications. Sometimes it doesn't make sense.
i guess. my ego is now shot though

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
Got some rough letter?

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
Status
Dental Student
with those stats you should get in somewhere. Early in the cycle I was flat out denied from Nova without an interview and then granted an interview at UF (much better school) things don't always make sense but you just have to keep plugging along and avoid the crazy thoughts of jumping off buildings and such because at some point your time will come.

WhyNOT111

USC Dentistry 2013
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Los Angeles
Status
Dental Student
with those stats you should get in somewhere. Early in the cycle I was flat out denied from Nova without an interview and then granted an interview at UF (much better school) things don't always make sense but you just have to keep plugging along and avoid the crazy thoughts of jumping off buildings and such because at some point your time will come.
i truly hope so

dent2009

YEEE BOI
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
remember, it's not all about numbers. did you at least get interviews elsewhere?

DiNoZeRo2o9

10+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2008
Stockton, CA
Status
Dental Student
How is your application as a whole? Numbers aren't everything unfortunately.

Lopyswine

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2007
Chicago, IL
Status
Dental Student
October??? very very late.

you will get some interviews but probably no till schools sift through the thousands of apps before yours.

WhyNOT111

USC Dentistry 2013
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Los Angeles
Status
Dental Student
October??? very very late.

you will get some interviews but probably no till schools sift through the thousands of apps before yours.
i took the DATs in August and everything was already done. I don't undrestand. Everything was there in August, but I didnt get a complete email until october. Those two months were out of my hands. I got interviews in september.

Dentgirl09

10+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
i took the DATs in August and everything was already done. I don't undrestand. Everything was there in August, but I didnt get a complete email until october. Those two months were out of my hands. I got interviews in september.
I just got my NYU complete email this week and i had my stuff in there for a WHILE. I think its just hte MASSIVE amounts of app a school like that gets that makes them pretty slow.

When i called a month back (wondering why the hell i wasn't complete) they said they look for your LOR when they reach your app in teh pile.... so they don't bother copleting your app until they get to it in order.

Hope that helps explain why it took so long.

socloseithurts

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2008
i got rejected too! no interview, no notice, just a nice little envelope crushing my dreams. my stats are not as impressive though: 3.53 GPA, 3.24sciGPA, 20AA and 20TS on DAT second time it took it (though i did have a 16 PAT). First time i took it: 18AA/19TS/19PAT.

About the Ads