Technology WPA on a home wireless network?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I finally enabled 128-bit WEP (Wired Equivalency Protocol) on my home network...isn't WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) out yet? Anyone here use it?

I know that WEP is easily cracked (within several hours) if the right punk wants to, but WPA is more like a "true" encryption method.
 
Hi

I haven't used it, but some routers and cards are supporting it. I am using WAP at home, and it's working pretty well for now. I'd say it's unlikely that someone will try to hack your connection, you can always change your encryption key q1week or something.

lf