rik 111

10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
Status
Could any body help me to clarify perio patient requirement for wreb.
8 surfaces of calculus, 6 surfaces on post and 2 on anterior.If my patient has calculus on 2 post teeth (MDL and MDL surfaces) and (MD surfaces) on anterior . Total of 3 teeth selected in one quad ( 8 teeth), With 5 mm pocket depths.

Is this patient be acceptable for wreb boards.
Thanks

texas_dds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2004
Puget Sound
Status
Dentist
rik 111 said:
8 surfaces of calculus, 6 surfaces on post and 2 on anterior.If my patient has calculus on 2 post teeth (MDL and MDL surfaces) and (MD surfaces) on anterior . Total of 3 teeth selected in one quad ( 8 teeth), With 5 mm pocket depths.

Thanks
so far yes, but read all the rules at wreb.org

Mr. So-So

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Status
texas_dds said:
so far yes, but read all the rules at wreb.org

ditto.

you need to know the manual fronts...backswards...and in mandarin also.

groovy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2002
Visit site
Status
From what I understood after reading the manual there should be a minimum 0f 6 teeth in the quadrant: 2 posterior. and these should have 6 surfaces of calculus.
I was wondering if my patient has all 8 teeth erupted in his quadrant would I have to treat all of them?

rik 111 said:

Thanks

johnkimdmd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2004
Status
groovy said:
From what I understood after reading the manual there should be a minimum 0f 6 teeth in the quadrant: 2 posterior. and these should have 6 surfaces of calculus.
I was wondering if my patient has all 8 teeth erupted in his quadrant would I have to treat all of them?
Yes, and if you submit 2 quads in order to make sure you have enough calculus, you have to do both quads.