WREB pre-acceptance of lesion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tandem7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Have any of you had a lesion pre-accepted by WREB? If so, what was the timeframe? The packet says one week after the pre-acceptance window, but that is basically the day before when our boards start. Was that the case or was it sooner?

Were you also surprised with what they accepted? I just submitted a lesion that BARELY reaches the DEJ (maybe it doesn't really reach the DEJ) but on the other side of the DEJ, there is a little poof of radiolucency (which indicates to me that it in fact did penetrate the DEJ). All the faculty say it has a 50/50 chance of acceptance so am just wondering about your experiences here. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know if you still need a reply, but results came back about 1 week after the submission window closed.

My backup lesion was accepted, and my ideal one denied due to "undiagnostic radiographs" (don't get me started on that), but I've seen some of my classmates' lesion and some were barely noticeable at the DEJ and were still accepted. Others were rejected for undertreatment because the other side of the tooth had an incipient lesion they the WREB people deemed had reached the DEJ (I would highly disagree in some situations).

One of my classmates with said rejected lesion for not submitting an MOD RESUBMITTED her SAME lesion the day of the exam and said she would treat the other side with fluoride and was accepted as a 2 surface restoration. She was ballsy, but it worked out.
My rejected ideal lesion? I resubmitted with the EXACT SAME radiographs I used for provisional acceptance and it was accepted on site.

I don't know what goes on with provisional acceptance, but they are definitely not 100% perfect.