Writing a LOI

Started by medbae77
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medbae77

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do LOIs work/are they recommended? At what point in the cycle would you send one? I have received interviews to my top two schools. I would really like to express to my top school, how much an acceptance there would mean to me. HOWEVER, I have no idea when you should send one or if it is generally frowned upon to do so. Please let me know & thank you so much in advance for your time.
 
How do LOIs work/are they recommended? At what point in the cycle would you send one? I have received interviews to my top two schools. I would really like to express to my top school, how much an acceptance there would mean to me. HOWEVER, I have no idea when you should send one or if it is generally frowned upon to do so. Please let me know & thank you so much in advance for your time.
Admissions Deans know from bitter experience that these are lies.
 
I have always thought that applying to a school= LOI, because if you get accepted you will go there. The only time I think it is appropriate is if you need to express to one specific school why you have to be in a specific area (usually family-related).