Writing a LOI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medbae77

Reaction score
How do LOIs work/are they recommended? At what point in the cycle would you send one? I have received interviews to my top two schools. I would really like to express to my top school, how much an acceptance there would mean to me. HOWEVER, I have no idea when you should send one or if it is generally frowned upon to do so. Please let me know & thank you so much in advance for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

How do LOIs work/are they recommended? At what point in the cycle would you send one? I have received interviews to my top two schools. I would really like to express to my top school, how much an acceptance there would mean to me. HOWEVER, I have no idea when you should send one or if it is generally frowned upon to do so. Please let me know & thank you so much in advance for your time.
Admissions Deans know from bitter experience that these are lies.

I have always thought that applying to a school= LOI, because if you get accepted you will go there. The only time I think it is appropriate is if you need to express to one specific school why you have to be in a specific area (usually family-related).

Reactions: 1 user