Writing and editing services for Med School and Residency Apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fgreen

Writer, Editor, and Translator
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am offering my services as an editor for all your Personal Statement, CV, and AMCAS/ERAS editing needs in your upcoming applications.

I am new to the Student Doctor Network but not to editing. I recently graduated with a PhD in Comparative Literature from Brown University, where I now work as a Visiting Assistant Professor in the department of Comparative Literature, and as an editor for Brown’s Ursa Sapiens science blog. As a PhD in literary studies, I have years of experience with reading, writing, and editing complex and engaging texts in correct, formal English. I also have writing, editing, and translation experience beyond academia, both at Ursa Sapiens and as a freelancer: I have copy- and proof-edited documents like grant applications, personal statements, and project proposals for a number of clients, and translated a variety of texts, from Spanish poetry to German linguistic studies. In addition, I have over 10 years of experience as a teacher of languages and writing to high-schoolers, university students, and professional adults in Australia, Spain, Italy, France, and the US.

As I am an SDN first-timer, my rates are as follows:

Copy editing (in which I make structural and stylistic suggestions or changes to the content of your document, as well as spelling and grammar checks)
  • Personal Statement – $150
  • CV – $120
  • AMCAS/ERAS Application review – $120
  • Statement + CV/App review – $250
  • Statement + CV + App review – $350

Proofreading only (in which I just check your document for spelling and grammar but not the structure or content per se)
  • Statement – $75
  • CV – $60
  • AMCAS/ERAS Application review – $60
  • Statement + CV/App – $125
  • Statement + CV + App – $175

Additional services (in case you need extra help or have other documents for me to edit)
  • Additional documents – 25c per word, up to $100
  • I am happy to revise work as many times as necessary until you’re happy with the results but please note that any revisions beyond the third will incur a $25 additional cost per document/review.

Note: As I’ll be working from your existing drafts, please send me editable Word files or similar wherever possible. If you need me to review an AMCAS/ERAS application, please send me a PDF “print” of the app.

Feel free to message me privately here or email me at felix UNDERSCORE green AT brown DOT edu

Please note that it’s first come, first served. Please allow up to three business days for all assignments to be completed. If you’re in a hurry for a document, I can offer express services for an additional fee of $25 (two business days) or $50 (one business day).

Thanks very much, and good luck to everyone on your various applications!

Felix

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am a cardiology fellow and have been trying to finalize manuscripts for submission. While I consider myself a good writer, I’ve had to rewrite large portions of my papers because of flow or structure. Felix has helped me with a few documents over the last few weeks. He was quick, thorough and pointed out errors that I didn’t even know were there. My work looks much more professional and is easier to understand.

I will be applying for an advanced fellowship this cycle and will definitely have him review my application once it’s complete. I highly recommend his services.

Reactions: 1 user
I am a cardiology fellow and have been trying to finalize manuscripts for submission. While I consider myself a good writer, I’ve had to rewrite large portions of my papers because of flow or structure. Felix has helped me with a few documents over the last few weeks. He was quick, thorough and pointed out errors that I didn’t even know were there. My work looks much more professional and is easier to understand.

I will be applying for an advanced fellowship this cycle and will definitely have him review my application once it’s complete. I highly recommend his services.

Thanks very much! Happy to help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear all,

If you'd like to get in touch, please note my new email address: felix UNDERSCORE green AT outlook DOT com.

Thanks and good luck with all your applications!

Felix