writing essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chuks_pharmD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.........

I'm starting to write essay for my pharmacy application.....BUT :( I'm really confused and can't figure out where to begin........Can u guys tell me how I should begin my essay (first paragraph).....Is there any website that i can refer to help me write an essay...I'm really bad at writing essays... :mad:

Please help me....I just need a good start, I'll try to manage the rest of my essay on my own....

Hopefully someone will help me with my essay dilemma.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

Thanks in advance ;)

Members don't see this ad.

chuks_pharmD said:
Hi guys.........

I'm starting to write essay for my pharmacy application.....BUT :( I'm really confused and can't figure out where to begin........Can u guys tell me how I should begin my essay (first paragraph).....Is there any website that i can refer to help me write an essay...I'm really bad at writing essays... :mad:

Please help me....I just need a good start, I'll try to manage the rest of my essay on my own....

Thanks in advance ;)

Im having the same problem. Were you instructed to write about why you want to become a pharmacist?

chuks_pharmD said:
Hi guys.........

Thanks in advance ;)

First, you've gotta tell us what your topic is.

Second, you've got writer's block, and there's not really much here anyone can do to help. If you're having trouble getting an introduction down, skip it and come back to it. 90% of the time, I write the first paragraph last. That way, the rest of the paper fits in context of the introduction. Consider beginning with an appropriate quote or anecdote. It will give your paper a personal touch, and lots of times this method helps you get into the "groove" for writing the rest of your essay.

Finally, you should have someone proofread your essay. I had three people read mine: one that I knew very well, one that I didn't know very well, and one that read strictly to edit. The first two made suggestions about the content, things that I may want to include or leave out. The last person read it to make sure it looked polished.

Good luck writing your essay. Remember that there are folks on SDN willing to proofread for you. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
There are a few threads featuring essay help if you would use the search option of this website. From one of those threads, I found this website to be helpful:

http://saweb02.studentaffairs.ohio-state.edu/posts/careerconnection/files/Personal%20Statements.pdf#search='school%20applica%20tion%20personal%20statement
(just copy and paste into browser)

Good luck to us applying to school this year!

megrxgirl said:
Im having the same problem. Were you instructed to write about why you want to become a pharmacist?

yes...the subject of the essay is "why u desire to become a pharmacist"

chuks_pharmD said:
yes...the subject of the essay is "why u desire to become a pharmacist"

that is the topic i am writing about also. i am having major writers block

starsweet said:
This is for PharmCAS right?

Mine is for Texas Southern Univ.

please give me some ideas...
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Seems like a straightforward question. Imagine that someone walked up to you after one of your classes and asked "Why do you want to be a pharmacist?" Take that response, polish it up and submit it.

Troy

Take a shower.
Get a cup of coffee.
After caffeine sits in, take a deep breath and imagine the greatest satisfactions you will get from being a pharmacist. Imagine the 'perfect day' as a pharmacist.

Then write in detail, why it is that you want to be a pharmacist.

You're lucky I was a talented 'creative' writer haha ;)

what i do for the introduction is usually create a scenario, like in a movie.

try all of your best!! write something so emotional that makes your essay different than other applicants :cool: emotional essay helped me into the pharmacy school :D

Good luck!!

I would start in the middle and write bullets about why you want to be a pharmacist. Then the ending and then go back and write a catchy opening paragraph. I'd also spend several different days working on the essay, to help you look at it from different perspectives.

brainstorming or an outline would help.......that way you can have a general idea of what your paper is about......once you have the general idea, writing the introduction is a piece of cake....good luck...

Hey guys!

If you are having trouble with your assignments like essays and other stuff.
I recommend https://collegepaperworld.net
They can write a lot about the great offers of our custom writing service.

brainstorming or an outline would help.......that way you can have a general idea of what your paper is about......once you have the general idea, writing the introduction is a piece of cake....good luck...
Pharmcas gives outline. Basically it's like a plan you follow.