Induc(junc)tion

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Status
Ok, so my family medicine preceptor who knows me very well wants me to write my own LOR that I had requested from him. I will send the finished product back to him when I am done and he will approve and send it off in his name. I have never really done this before and have some questions.

I intend on applying to the match this summer for anesthesiology, hence my reason for asking this question here.

Any tips for writing one of these bad boys. I believe that I did very well on the rotation judging by my grade, and would like to emphasize points about my work that will impress PD's. Are there any qualities that I should mention that will put me into good light from an anesthesia perspective, or is it the same "works well with others, compassionate, well read, etc." drivel.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all.

Gern Blansten

Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Northeast
Status
Attending Physician
Induc(junc)tion said:
Ok, so my family medicine preceptor who knows me very well wants me to write my own LOR that I had requested from him. I will send the finished product back to him when I am done and he will approve and send it off in his name. I have never really done this before and have some questions.

I intend on applying to the match this summer for anesthesiology, hence my reason for asking this question here.

Any tips for writing one of these bad boys. I believe that I did very well on the rotation judging by my grade, and would like to emphasize points about my work that will impress PD's. Are there any qualities that I should mention that will put me into good light from an anesthesia perspective, or is it the same "works well with others, compassionate, well read, etc." drivel.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all.
At some point the letter you should state that you are "the all-being; master of time, space, and dimension." Also include your astrological sign. :laugh:

Gern Blansten

Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Northeast
Status
Attending Physician
Just kidding. Get a book from your library on letters of reference. Discuss ability to work as a member of a team, ability to get along with others, dedication, etc.

About the Ads