Writing my personal statement

Started by ramizlol
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ramizlol

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have decided what I will talk about in my personal statement. I will mention how I was not born here and how it was difficult to learn English then use that to explain my poor VA and RC scores. Then I will move on and explain that I had some financial troubles when I first started college and I was only able to take on class at time. Here is my question. I am currently a dual enrolled student, at my community college. So, I go to HS and College at the same time... I am not sure if i should mention this. The biggest reason why I could not volunteer or try to get any pharmacy experience is because I was working and going to college and going to HS at same time. I am proud of myself for starting college at an early age, but this does not seem like how the adcoms would see it as. I do not want to raise the question of maturity in the interview. Will they see it as positive thing or negative thing? Is it worth mentioning? I assume they would notice I haven't graduated from HS yet since I put 2015 as my graduating year from HS in pharmcas.
 
So I have decided what I will talk about in my personal statement. I will mention how I was not born here and how it was difficult to learn English then use that to explain my poor VA and RC scores. Then I will move on and explain that I had some financial troubles when I first started college and I was only able to take on class at time. Here is my question. I am currently a dual enrolled student, at my community college. So, I go to HS and College at the same time... I am not sure if i should mention this. The biggest reason why I could not volunteer or try to get any pharmacy experience is because I was working and going to college and going to HS at same time. I am proud of myself for starting college at an early age, but this does not seem like how the adcoms would see it as. I do not want to raise the question of maturity in the interview. Will they see it as positive thing or negative thing? Is it worth mentioning? I assume they would notice I haven't graduated from HS yet since I put 2015 as my graduating year from HS in pharmcas.

You HAVE to mention the fact that you are doing HS and college at the same time as I think adcoms will see this fact on your school transcripts anyway.

And you should mention it. I see this can turn into a positive point on your application and personal essay. The fact that you are determined to apply for pharmacy schools this early can attest to your level of maturity and commitment. I would definitely mention that.
 
You HAVE to mention the fact that you are doing HS and college at the same time as I think adcoms will see this fact on your school transcripts anyway.

And you should mention it. I see this can turn into a positive point on your application and personal essay. The fact that you are determined to apply for pharmacy schools this early can attest to your level of maturity and commitment. I would definitely mention that.
Thank you for the reply. What do you mean they will see it on the transcript? I read on the pharmcas website that I can not send my HS transcript to pharmcas.