• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Writing papers in vet school?

planet09

Dec 20, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello,

I am preparing for vet school and I wanted to know if there is a lot of long paper writing in vet school? I don’t mind studying all night and working on chem, bio or anatomy; but writing long research papers really takes it out me.

About the Ads

battie

U of I c/o 2021
7+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2013
Perpetual state of disarray
  1. Veterinarian
Me! I'm with you on the liking essays ;)
Oh I like writing things for sure. Would rather have done papers than studied for exams, but alas.

We did essays for homework and essay tests for 300 and 400 level classes in undergrad. So much better for me grades wise then. Not good prepping for vet school lol

Reactions: 1 user

itsrocky

Ain’t nothing gonna break my stride!
2+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2018
Saaaaaaaaaaame. If I had essay questions I feel like I would have been an A student. Lol

We had one real research-ish type paper our first year, that actually no longer exists in the curriculum because he professor no longer teaches in that quarter.

I think I'm the only one who misses essays and essay based tests. :confused:

4th year we had a presentation where you would present a case you saw in clinics to faculty and underclassmen. Zebra or otherwise fun to discuss. You had to write a manuscript to go with it—mine was like 15 pages. I had my presentation before NAVLE and it was a pretty straightforward case so it helped I feel but I knew a lot about the condition to start and it did become one more thing to do during 4th year, which is never fun.

On our radiology rotation they told us if we broke a major safety rule, like hands in the shot, we had to write a paper on radiation safety. I was lucky enough to not have to do one but I heard it was a 30 page requirement!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unyeetable Wolf
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
  1. Veterinarian
yep. I mean I can’t confirm that’s true, but why would anyone make that up?!
Radiologists spread the rumor to discourage people from putting their body parts in the primary beam ;)

I'm pretty sure we would have just...failed the rotation. If we did that.

Minnerbelle

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2009
  1. Veterinary Student
On our radiology rotation they told us if we broke a major safety rule, like hands in the shot, we had to write a paper on radiation safety. I was lucky enough to not have to do one but I heard it was a 30 page requirement!

That’s kind of them. You’d just fail the rotation

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.