writing score on pcat

Started by Tatodotcom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

T

Tatodotcom

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does the writing portion of the pcat effect your composite score? or is the composite just based off the verb/bio/reading/chem/ & quant. sections? thanks
 
I'm sorry to be slightly changing the subject but since we're on the topic of the writing section, I don't understand the grading. What is the highest score for the writing part? I got 3/3...is that considered good?
 
The composite score is based solely on the multiple choice sections and the writing is scored separately. The writing score has 2 parts - conventions of language and problem solving. The highest possible score for writing is a 5.0 conventions/5.0 prob solving.