writing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeejeejiji

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how much weight is put on the writing section in the pcat? Is it as equally important as the other sections, and is there a cutline for a minimum score in writing at most of the school?

Also, another subject, how many times can you take the pcat? Does it work against you if you take it many times?

Thanks ahead!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

The writing section of the PCAT has a separate score from the percentile. The average score is around 3 (it's out of 5). I've seen people on this board who have gotten in with a 2. I've only seen maybe one person who got over a 3. I don't know a min cutoff; some schools post one but a lot don't. You should be fine on this portion if you can write some what decently. Practice it once or twice before you go because I found it hard to get everything together in 30 minutes.

I don't think there is a cutoff for the amount of times you can take the PCAT but some schools might care. 1-3 times is about standard I would say. If you take it too many times and aren't getting an improvement, I could see that hurting you.