SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Written board prep

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by Nasty Gas, Jan 14, 2009.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Nasty Gas

Nasty Gas 2+ Year Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Any recommendations on good books for written boards? Anyone find a good book for questions? Thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. CambieMD

CambieMD cambiemd 10+ Year Member

Oct 4, 2003
    Southeast

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  4. CambieMD

Oct 4, 2003
    Southeast
    I tell everyone the same thing. I read Morgan and Mikhail. I am actually using it to prepare for the oral exam now. I found this book to be very high yield. I used the book by Michel Starr to be good because of the charts and diagrams. That book is old but timelss in some respects. The regional section was good. I also liked the fluid section. Hall is an ok question book but I liked the Barash study guide and Dershwitz better.

Many of my classmates read BiG Blue. I hated that book because it seemed too randm ror me. I thought that it was more wordy than M & M and had less charts and diagrams. The majority of the residents @ this med center seem to read Big Blue. Last year a large number of the residentshere went to Jensens board review. The majority of them did not like his course. They spent a lot of their time going questions. You can stay home and do that yourself.

There is no mystery to the written boards. Most people pass. I find the upcoming oral boards to be much more intimidating. Part one of the ABA exam is straightforward. Know your key words inside -out and you will pass.

Cambie

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  5. badgas

badgas Member 5+ Year Member

Mar 17, 2006
    What is the Barash study guide? I haven't seen that one around.

6. CambieMD

Oct 4, 2003
    Southeast