Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Written board prep

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by Nasty Gas, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Nasty Gas

Resident [Any Field]
    Any recommendations on good books for written boards? Anyone find a good book for questions? Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CambieMD

CambieMD cambiemd

Attending Physician

#2 CambieMD, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  4. CambieMD

CambieMD cambiemd

Attending Physician
    I tell everyone the same thing. I read Morgan and Mikhail. I am actually using it to prepare for the oral exam now. I found this book to be very high yield. I used the book by Michel Starr to be good because of the charts and diagrams. That book is old but timelss in some respects. The regional section was good. I also liked the fluid section. Hall is an ok question book but I liked the Barash study guide and Dershwitz better.

Many of my classmates read BiG Blue. I hated that book because it seemed too randm ror me. I thought that it was more wordy than M & M and had less charts and diagrams. The majority of the residents @ this med center seem to read Big Blue. Last year a large number of the residentshere went to Jensens board review. The majority of them did not like his course. They spent a lot of their time going questions. You can stay home and do that yourself.

There is no mystery to the written boards. Most people pass. I find the upcoming oral boards to be much more intimidating. Part one of the ABA exam is straightforward. Know your key words inside -out and you will pass.

Cambie

#3 CambieMD, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  5. badgas

badgas Member

Resident [Any Field]
    What is the Barash study guide? I haven't seen that one around.

6. CambieMD

CambieMD cambiemd

Attending Physician