Written Boards - What to expect.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tan Son Nhat

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys.. It's been years since I have been on SDN. I just have a quick question to all the guys that took the written boards recently. I think it will be useful for people taking the written next week.

I just want to know more about the technical aspect and the format of the exam. First and foremost, how many questions will there be? I can't find it on the ABA website. Second, how are the blocks broken up? Is it 50 questions per block? Do we get breaks between the blocks? During an actually block, can we leave the block to use the bathroom? I know these are silly questions, but I need to know if I can have my coffee fix in the morning or not.

I tried searching this forum and even googled, but it's not posted anywhere. I even asked people that I knew that took it last year, but they don't even remember how many questions or break situation.

Thanks in advance. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am under the impression that the actual board exams and the ITE are drawn from the same pool of questions. The ITE is essentially the board exam.

What are the general impressions of the ACE questions? What are good scores on these? Do they correlate well with the actual board exam, in terms of scores?

edit: i see this doesn't really answer your questions, or is really even all that relevant to the post. apologies. i would still be curious to know others opinions, however.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, you are awesome. I was getting different information from everybody. Some said it's one big block but you are able to take your own breaks while someone said it was several blocks of 50 questions. Thanks for finding this page for us. :D

I think you can take your own breaks but if it's still ~65 seconds/question, you'd better make 'em quick my friend.