Written Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffeebound

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to buy another copy of this book I lost recently. It is an anesthesia review book called the "Star's book". I don't remember what is the formal title or the author of the book. It is an old one, paper back, as large as the typical review books and has a red cover. Wondering if anyone out there knows the exact title/author/and where to buy this book again. BTW, I thought that it was very useful for the boards. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anesthesiology Boards : A Survival Guide
by Michelle Starr
Edition:n/a Pages:457 Book Format: ISBN:0443076197
Date Published:10/1999 Publisher:Saunders W B Co

The Starr book is a good book to read while in the OR. However, I would be careful in using it as a main tool for preparing for the writtens. My memory of it is that it left out a lot of information. It has been many years since I bought mine (2001). There may be a new edition that is more complete. However, my recollection is that it had a lot of "holes" in it. Good luck..

Members don't see this ad :)
.... And from what I recall about the Starr book -- there are quite a few number of mistakes?????? But my version is from 2000 or something also....

thanks alot! I am used this book. Yeah, agreed, there are holes in it. I just need a quick review of stuff. Thanks alot!