• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Mister Pie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I've just realized that on the update letters I've been sending out that I've been "updating my application for the class of 2008" instead of 2012.

I must have proofread my letters hundreds of times and I showed a bunch of people. No one seems to have caught it. I feel like an idiot.

I already sense the inevitable onslaught of sarcastic comments I will be receiving, but please be gentle with me when I ask: should I be worried in any way? I have 0 acceptances right now and I've basically been clinging on to a few bare threads of hope at the schools that I'm waitlisted at.

jamesrick80

10+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
Louisiana
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
This is sad yet hilarious. It could be viewed as incompetence on your part, but since you're waitlisted you still have a pretty decent chance of getting in somewhere hopefully. Good Luck, class of 2008 is looking for you right now for the graduation ceremony coming up LOL j/k.

blargh

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Psychology
I've just realized that on the update letters I've been sending out that I've been "updating my application for the class of 2008" instead of 2012.

I must have proofread my letters hundreds of times and I showed a bunch of people. No one seems to have caught it. I feel like an idiot.

I already sense the inevitable onslaught of sarcastic comments I will be receiving, but please be gentle with me when I ask: should I be worried in any way? I have 0 acceptances right now and I've basically been clinging on to a few bare threads of hope at the schools that I'm waitlisted at.

i doubt you're the only one. a lot of people seem to mix up "ENTERING class of 2008" with "class of 2012."

About the Ads

MassTransport

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
If nobody caught it, then the admissions people might not. Even if they do, I feel that this is a non-issue. They know what you mean, and it's a subtle mistake.

goosie

Go Patriots
10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2006
Boston
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Harmless. Very obvious that you mean "the class entering in 2008".

totally harmless.

Kernal83

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2008
Milwaukee
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
If it makes you feel any better, I spent quite a while searching for the class of 2013 for my school

Mister Pie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Thanks everyone. Your responses have been really calming. :)

dukemed2008

10+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Many schools refer to the med students as 'entering class of 2008' rather than 'class of 2012' especially because some students are MD/PhDs and will be in school longer.

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yes, I think the admissions people know that you are in the undergrad class of 2008, if accepted, will enter with the class in the fall of 08 and will graduate in 2012. You're fine and you don't need to break sweat or think about it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.