Wrong foot. For the low low price of $3000

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMGASMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

I guess this is an universal event, not just for ‘Murica

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If your nonop leg looks so bad that the surgeon was willing to amputate it, you're doing it wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still irresponsible but the original florida wrong foot surgery involved almost identical gangrene bilateral feet. But still the surgeon fault.

Just sayin. If both feet look bad. Mistake can happen

Anyone know the mechanics of this in Austria? Double check consent and H&P? Timeout?

I guess this is an universal event, not just for ‘Murica

When people complain about high costs in the US for healthcare, I always like to remind them of the litigious nature of the US. If we did away with med mal here, costs would likely lower significantly. Atrocious that 3k would be sufficient to compensate a person for having the wrong foot amputated, but typical of non-US countries in healthcare. In my nation of origin, med mal is essentially non-existent. Doctors can make ginormous mistakes with essentially no consequence.

When people complain about high costs in the US for healthcare, I always like to remind them of the litigious nature of the US. If we did away with med mal here, costs would likely lower significantly. Atrocious that 3k would be sufficient to compensate a person for having the wrong foot amputated, but typical of non-US countries in healthcare. In my nation of origin, med mal is essentially non-existent. Doctors can make ginormous mistakes with essentially no consequence.

The link referenced it as a fine. Not compensation. Don’t know what mechanisms exist for compensation-if any.

but i mean how many times did he amputate the correct foot? lots..

Reactions: 2 users