-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Wrong grade on AMCAS
Started by PatchAdams25
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They will change it during verification.If I enter a wrong grade on my AMCAS, can I just call them and have them change it? Is this an easy process?
They will change it during verification.
My situation is that my teacher submitted a grade for me that I was not happy with; however, she is letting me re do an assignment for a re grade (it is 50% of the grade). I was waiting to submit my app until this grade is up and each passing day is giving me anxiety because it is a day later in a process that I'm already late on. Should I just put the current grade/guess a grade and submit it? Once the grade it's changed in my transcript just send it in and let AMCAS handle it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How much will a grade change affect your GPAs?
How much will a grade change affect your GPAs?
Post bac GPA from a 3.48 to a 3.58.. Once the grade is available I am going to overnight my transcript and start writing secondaries, just very frustrating that I have had my app done for weeks and am waiting on this single grade.. I'm guessing it'll be in early next week but each passing day adds to my anxiety
When will the new grade be posted, assuming you get the higher one?
When will the new grade be posted, assuming you get the higher one?
That's the part I do not know the answer to... Whenever she grades it, may be Monday, may be Wednesday, I have no idea
Same thing happened to me, needed to wait for a grade to be posted in order to send that transcript and get in line to verify. If whatever you estimated your grade to be on AMCAS is wrong, they will just fix it during verification.
Try and focus on other things, the anxiety will give you indigestion!
Try and focus on other things, the anxiety will give you indigestion!
Same thing happened to me, needed to wait for a grade to be posted in order to send that transcript and get in line to verify. If whatever you estimated your grade to be on AMCAS is wrong, they will just fix it during verification.
Try and focus on other things, the anxiety will give you indigestion!
Should I just put down whatever grade I think I'll get and submit then? Let AMCAS worry about it?
The wait time right now for verification is about 20 days. If you submit a transcript now (with the old grade), but enter the anticipated grade before submitting, you'd theoretically have twenty days to send in a second updated transcript with the higher grade (and an email to AMCAS to expect it), before verification would begin. If the grade you entered is wrong, they would correct it. Is this what you propose doing?
The downside to this great plan is that when you certify the application upon submitting, you attest that it's true and complete to the best of your knowledge. I think it would be more honest to leave the grade blank or marked Incomplete. AMCAS would then enter the corrected grade from the new transcript if they were expecting it.
The downside to this great plan is that when you certify the application upon submitting, you attest that it's true and complete to the best of your knowledge. I think it would be more honest to leave the grade blank or marked Incomplete. AMCAS would then enter the corrected grade from the new transcript if they were expecting it.
The wait time right now for verification is about 20 days. If you submit a transcript now (with the old grade), but enter the anticipated grade before submitting, you'd theoretically have twenty days to send in a second updated transcript with the higher grade (and an email to AMCAS to expect it), before verification would begin. If the grade you entered is wrong, they would correct it. Is this what you propose doing?
The downside to this great plan is that when you certify the application upon submitting, you attest that it's true and complete to the best of your knowledge. I think it would be more honest to leave the grade blank or marked Incomplete.
Oh so maybe leaving it as incomplete and sending it in? The only thing is I was going to wait to send the transcript in until the grade came. Does my verification time not start until the transcript is in as well?
You don't enter the verification queue until transcript and application +fees are received.Does my verification time not start until the transcript is in as well?
Last edited:
You don't enter the verification queue until transcript and application +fees are received.
What a tricky situation... I should have sent it in two weeks ago with my current transcript and then sent in the new updated one so I would be in queue already.. Now I'm not sure how beneficial it would be.. I could send in the transcript today but may send in a new one on Wednesday of next week.. Is this a substantial difference or should I just wait?
That's another option. Especially if it is only a matter of days until the corrected transcript is available.The only thing is I was going to wait to send the transcript in until the grade came.
It's not a substantial difference, this being Saturday.I could send in the transcript today but may send in a new one on Wednesday of next week.. Is this a substantial difference or should I just wait?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's not a substantial difference, this being Saturday.
I guess I'll just start pre writing secondaries instead of freaking out about this, thanks for the help!
Sounds like a good plan.I guess I'll just start pre writing secondaries instead of freaking out about this,
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 691