W's in prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WowzersItsSimon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am contemplating whether or not to drop my physics 123 (electricity/magnetism, circuits etc.)? I would get a W on my transcript, so I'm wondering what you guys think? I am feeling completely lost in that class right now and I dunno if I should just try to take it over again some other time?

Members don't see this ad.

sit down; relax. open beer; enjoy. it's not the end of the world, and it will be perfectly fine. just take the W like a man, and retake the class. you're opening up a can of worms with this question because some guy with a 4.90877979789 gpa will get on this thread and talk about how "inferior" anything below an A++++++++ is (see the C's in prereq's thread). other than that...just relax. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
sit down; relax. open beer; enjoy. it's not the end of the world, and it will be perfectly fine. just take the W like a man, and retake the class. you're opening up a can of worms with this question because some guy with a 4.90877979789 gpa will get on this thread and talk about how "inferior" anything below an A++++++++ is (see the C's in prereq's thread). other than that...just relax. =)

No one has ever said anything like that.

I am contemplating whether or not to drop my physics 123 (electricity/magnetism, circuits etc.)? I would get a W on my transcript, so I'm wondering what you guys think? I am feeling completely lost in that class right now and I dunno if I should just try to take it over again some other time?

i got a W in calculus based physics when i applied. but i still got accepted to all the schools i applied. if your interview is open-file (they have the transcripts in front of them), then they will ask you why you dropped physics. i told them i was taking the physics major physics. some bad advising there. :scared:

Not even close to those words. I said 3.0. That's not a 4.0, not a 3.8, not a 3.5 or even a 3.2. I said 3.0, a B average. Please don't misrepresent what I said.

AWWW!!! =( go and take care of your butt. i think it's getting hurt! poor baby...

AWWW!!! =( go and take care of your butt. i think it's getting hurt! poor baby...

Its nice that I can have an intelligent discussion around here.:rolleyes: This is why I don't want anyone and everyone to get into optometry school.

Its nice that I can have an intelligent discussion around here.:rolleyes: This is why I don't want anyone and everyone to get into optometry school.

not my fault you got so butt hurt at a comment that was not even aimed at YOU. you just defended yourself out of nowhere. tissue?

not my fault you got so butt hurt at a comment that was not even aimed at YOU. you just defended yourself out of nowhere. tissue?

Your comments weren't aimed at me? Then they must have been aimed at the approximately two other people here who think there should be academic standards for admission to optometry school. And please, grow up. No doctor (or asiring doctor) should be posting things that childish. Its like having an argument with a four year old.

wow, you must have felt so bad that you just had to defend yourself and then thought i'd care so much that you called me a four year old. please. too bad i never realized you were posting any of that stuff in the other thread until a few posts ago...angry?

wow, you must have felt so bad that you just had to defend yourself and then thought i'd care so much that you called me a four year old. please. too bad i never realized you were posting any of that stuff in the other thread until a few posts ago...angry?

Nope, not angry. Just frustrated and disappointed that a future doctor like yourself can't keep from saying things like "go take care of your butt, I think its getting hurt".

reading it over made me laugh...sigh...well, my professionalism kicks in when i need it to-although you may think i lack it; i don't. =) don't mad.