Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

W's on transcript

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by cooldudeee123, Mar 7, 2007.

1. cooldudeee123

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    how does it effect if a student has 3 withdrawals on the transcript.

does it affect anyway on being a competitive student.

is having a C better in the classes that are not pre-requisites or W would work?

and then retake in some other time that I plan to withdraw from the class since I think I will end up getting a C which would mess up my gpa.

any suggestions..greatly appreciated!!

thanks

2. ADN1226

ADN1226 Class of 2012!
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It depends, 3 Ws overall? or 3 Ws within a year or semester? I don't think they'll really care if you have 3 Ws spread throughout your transcript but if you have more... be ready to explain it.
    The semester is also early so try to boost up the C in the non pre-req classes??? They won't look at them too much I dont think but again don't get too many Ws... it kinda shows that you easily give up. A few Cs especially in non-pre reqs won't hurt your overall gpa too much... but just a few! Hope that helps?

3. OP
    OP
    cooldudeee123

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    3 w's not in the same semester..but throughout.....

maybe i can get some extra credit to increase my grade in the class....

4. Lurkerkat

Lurkerkat Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    If you were facing some sort of personal issues that semester mention it in your essay but it probably has to be a very good reason. I'd rather take a C, than a withdrawal to be honest. Save the withdrawals for the F's and D's that will cause way more damage. Also if you withdraw, you better get an A when you retake it to prove that whatever is happening this semester is just a fluke.