W's on Transcript

Started by peegee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

peegee

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I have two Withdraws on my transcript so far (I'm second year pre-optometry): one in Calc II when I changed majors from biochem to biology and didn't need to take it (and I hate calc, so I jumped at the chance) and one in Ochem I as I was having a tough time and wanted to try take it over the summer when it could be my main focus. I figure I'll be able to easily explain my reasons for dropping math, however, as ochem is a pre-req, and it dropped my credits from 15 to 12, I am a little worried about that one. Any thoughts?
 
Since you're only a second year, I think you have plenty of time to prove yourself.
Make sure you do well in the organic chemistry classes, and they probably won't be too worried.
Try to take a full load of science courses sometime during your later years (not sure if you're doing this already) just to show that you can handle the curriculum in opt. school.
I feel that schools are very understanding of all situations, especially during the first two years of undergrad, good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had four as well. One was from a 1000 level Astronomy class my senior year, man that was the hardest class ever 🙄 ( I had enough credits )

No one asked me about it either.

If they do, just have an explanation, like changed majors/didn't need it/ ect
 
The interview style also depends on the school. Closed-file interviews usually won't ask you a thing about your transcript (check the interview feedback section to see which style the schools you're interested in have). But to echo what everyone else said... I wouldn't worry about it at all.