W's on Transcripts for PT School

Started by leh1387
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leh1387

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm taking a few prerequisites at a community college right now, while working, interning, and studying for the GRE. My biology course is online, and the teacher is making it extremely difficult for me to get an A. It's important for me to get an A because it will help my science GPA (I plan on applying to Elon and it would give me a solid 3.3 science GPA, and their average is around a 3.4) I don't want a B in this course, and it's hard to put in all the work it demands, and then get mediocre grades. The drop date already passed, so now I can only withdraw. I have one W from the university that I attended, so this would make my second W. I'm scared it would look bad this close to applying, and the fact that I'm withdrawing from a community college course. Does anyone have any advice? Do two W's look really bad?

Thanks for any help!
 
I would take the B. A W is far worse than getting a B on a transcript. Often times schools may think you were not passing at the time, so taking a B is your best choice. One B should not hurt pre-req GPA too much.