WSSU and ECU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurePT2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone from NC (or that attended one of these schools) have some insight regarding the strengths and weaknesses of these two programs? I am having trouble making a decision. I already live in Winston-Salem, but my family is closer to ECU. Pass rate and employment rate seems about the same. Of course, both are trying to sell the program to you, so trying to make an objective decision based on their information is difficult.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone from NC (or that attended one of these schools) have some insight regarding the strengths and weaknesses of these two programs? I am having trouble making a decision. I already live in Winston-Salem, but my family is closer to ECU. Pass rate and employment rate seems about the same. Of course, both are trying to sell the program to you, so trying to make an objective decision based on their information is difficult.
I went to ECU for undergrad. Loved the school, and the area. The School has made an effort to revitalize the city, although it still has its rough areas. I would say its similar to WSSU. PT program is top notch, I have met 4-5 faculity members. I did research in undergrad in the human movement lab, and also observed some of the clinical instructors on multiple occasions. The program is also the 2nd cheapest in the state if I'm not mistaken, just behind WSSU. That being said I attended an info session for WSSU and felt very welcomed there as well. Good luck with your choice. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Anyone heard anything from WSSU in 2017?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard anything from WSSU in 2017?
I haven't heard anything from WSSU yet but I did read on another thread that someone had received an acceptance call in 2017. Trying to be patient...

I haven't heard anything from WSSU yet but I did read on another thread that someone had received an acceptance call in 2017. Trying to be patient...
They are calling more people in early to mid February.

Reactions: 1 user