WSU 2017 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dal1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got an invitation for interview?
I applied mine as ED on sept 3rd and got an email saying that they recieved it, but not for the interview invitation yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone got an invitation for interview?
I applied mine as ED on sept 3rd and got an email saying that they recieved it, but not for the interview invitation yet.

I didn't apply ED to wsu but it's my second choice school. My friend applied last year and got an interview within a few weeks. She also said that a large number of early decision applicants were accepted, I don't remember the exact # now.

Me too, I have done my on 18th, August and they got my application on 22nd. They sent me an email this week about my prerequisites verification. However, its been almost four weeks and I did not get any invitation. Good luck for us, my first choice is WSU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same, my ED application was completed on Sept 1st. No interview yet. Still anxiously waiting...

Hi, Cremini.
Did you get email verifying your completed requisites? They sent me an email this week verifying my completed courses.

Hi, Cremini.
Did you get email verifying your completed requisites? They sent me an email this week verifying my completed courses.

No, I didn't. After PharmCAS verified my application, WSU emailed me saying that they have received my application. Within the next couple of days, WSU sent me an email saying that I am missing an evaluation from a professional source. After I had gotten all my evaluations submitted to PharmCAS, WSU emailed me again saying that my application has been completed and is currently under review. They also said reviewing process could take up to 4-6 weeks.

I never received anything from WSU about verifying courses... Could you explain further?

"This email will serve as a checklist of your completed prerequisites required for admission to the program." This is what they said. Hopefully, You will get an email next week. This process is about to make sure all your course work evaluations of what they have accepted and what they did not. Are out of state student? I'm from Minnesota.

I see.. did you receive that email after the "application complete" email? I'm in state.

Has anyone received an interview yet? It's getting close to Oct. 13th and I'm starting to feel a little defeated haha.

Has anyone received an interview yet? It's getting close to Oct. 13th and I'm starting to feel a little defeated haha.
I'm also instate student, but haven't recieved the interview invitation yet after they said my application was completed. Just waiting now...

I'm also instate student, but haven't recieved the interview invitation yet after they said my application was completed. Just waiting now...
I have just received my interview invitation while I was in my Organic chemistry class. Could not believe it. It's on Oct, 20th.

Reactions: 1 users
I have just received my interview invitation while I was in my Organic chemistry class. Could not believe it. It's on Oct, 20th.
Congrats!
How long did it take for you to get the invitation after they said they recieved your completed application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Hussein! Did you select Yakima or Spokane for your preference?

Anyone else applied/heard back? I'm still waiting for mine :[

Hey Cremini, I submitted on the 1st for spokane and haven’t heard back after the “application complete” email. Hopefully we hear back soon! :)

Hey Cremini, I submitted on the 1st for spokane and haven’t heard back after the “application complete” email. Hopefully we hear back soon! :)

Did you also do early decision?

Yes I did. I submitted on the 29th and I last heard on the 2nd. When did you submit if you don’t mind me asking?

My application was verified early August but it was never completed because it took a few weeks for my professors and pharmacists to submit my letter of recommendation. It was officially considered completed on the 1st of Sept. then WSU sent me the "application complete" email on the 2nd of the Sept. I did ED for Yakima (I don't know if it makes a difference). Hopefully we will both hear back soon. Thanks for updating! It's awesome to hear from other applicants.

Congrats!
How long did it take for you to get the invitation after they said they recieved your completed application?

About a month I have been waiting, I was checking my email every minute.

I chose Spokane but I want to change into Yakima on my interview day since I have changed my mind. I hope to hear them back sooner.

Hi guys, just an update here: I've received the coursework evaluation email. Hopefully an interview will follow soon.

I was invited to an interview today! Yakima Oct 13th

Reactions: 1 user
I was invited to an interview today! Yakima Oct 13th
Congrats Cremini!! Wish you the best of luck at your interview!
Still waiting here for Spokane! I’m sure it will soon enough :)

Thanks guys! Good luck to you all as well.
Hussein, I haven't gotten the chance to get started yet. Between school and two jobs, I'm struggle a bit. Although, I will definitely get to it well before the interview! This is all I have been waiting for haha... How about you? If you have any tips on how to prepare, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks guys! Good luck to you all as well.
Hussein, I haven't gotten the chance to get started yet. Between school and two jobs, I'm struggle a bit. Although, I will definitely get to it well before the interview! This is all I have been waiting for haha... How about you? If you have any tips on how to prepare, I would really appreciate it.
Yeah,
I started some of the interviews questions to practice. But I have interview anxiety, I want to do this well. It's a million chance opportunity

Yeah,
I started some of the interviews questions to practice. But I have interview anxiety, I want to do this well. It's a million chance opportunity
I also have an interview on the 20th! Really nervous to be honest

During the interview day, there is writing an essay. is not it? They will ask you to write 20 mins essay question. I heard that.
In years prior i believe they did, but from people I've spoken to they didn't do it last year. Also the email explained what would happen during the interview so i would stress it!

In years prior i believe they did, but from people I've spoken to they didn't do it last year. Also the email explained what would happen during the interview so i would stress it!
Thanks,
That is good. Just interview would be fine. My interview is 12 pm, what about you?

Hey guys I was just wondering about the invitation for the interview. I applied 9/2 and was completed for review by admission 9/13. And Today is 13th of October. It’s been a month but still did not get the invitation for the interview yet. I’m like so anxious now.... does it take longer than a month to get the invitation? Or am I not qualified that’s why?.....

Hi, guys.
How did interview go? I think they are already sending emails about the decisions. They told me that they cannot make a decision on my application and they said finish your remaining courses and then we should be able to offer the admission later in the process. Wish me good luck.

Hi, guys.
How did interview go? I think they are already sending emails about the decisions. They told me that they cannot make a decision on my application and they said finish your remaining courses and then we should be able to offer the admission later in the process. Wish me good luck.
My interview went well, they actually gave me an acceptance offer at the exit interview. But wish you best of luck Hussein, i hope you get an offer!

Congrats whoever got accepted!
I am PY1 at WSU... one semester is going great so far. If you guys have any questions, I would like to help.

Congrats whoever got accepted!
I am PY1 at WSU... one semester is going great so far. If you guys have any questions, I would like to help.
Hi baboguy, I got accepted last month to WSU. whats been the most difficult thing about pharm school at WSU for you so far?

Hi baboguy, I got accepted last month to WSU. whats been the most difficult thing about pharm school at WSU for you so far?
Hi Gatsby,
Congrats,
I actually don’t have any difficulties with WSU so far. My professors that I had this semester are great and helpful. I like the grading system very much (pass/ fail/ honor) because it makes students collaborate and help each other to succeed rather than competing for good grades. So hope that my input can help you in your decision if you are considering WSU or other schools

Hey guys,

I was also accepted for ED at the Yakima campus and I will be attending. Does anyone know if there is a resource on the WSU website that lets you connect with other students that have also accepted, or is this the place? I would like to start planning my living arrangements and a roommate would be awesome for the 1st year. I look forward to meeting everyone :D

You will have a Facebook page of class of 2022 around Feb. Then you can communicate with other accepted students. PY2, PY3 students will also post some necessary information for you to keep track such as orientation...In case you want to make a network with current students at WSU, I recommend to add Facebook page of WSU college of pharmacy, so you can ask if you come up with any questions before school starts.

Did anyone get acceptance email from the interview on 12/8th???
It is been a month and I don’t get any email from WSU. Do you guys know when do you get the decision roughly?

Hey guys, I am applying this summer 2018. So my question is that, Do I have to take my PCAT before applying? or Can I apply in summer and then take the PCAT?....Also, I have 2 prerequisites to complete that I will take fall 2018.
Lets say I apply in summer and take the PCAT, will they suddenly make a decision on my application or will they let me complete my fall 2018 semester and then make the decision?
Also my situation is little different I am in podiatry school first year and I hate surgery so thats why I am switching over to pharmacy...Also people who go to WSU, Should I contact the Dean or regular admission people to discuss my situation?

Hey guys, I am applying this summer 2018. So my question is that, Do I have to take my PCAT before applying? or Can I apply in summer and then take the PCAT?....Also, I have 2 prerequisites to complete that I will take fall 2018.
Lets say I apply in summer and take the PCAT, will they suddenly make a decision on my application or will they let me complete my fall 2018 semester and then make the decision?
Also my situation is little different I am in podiatry school first year and I hate surgery so thats why I am switching over to pharmacy...Also people who go to WSU, Should I contact the Dean or regular admission people to discuss my situation?
It is better to take Pcat then apply. However, there are many schools not require pcat, so you should consider if you don’t want to take pcat. I think WSU is one of schools that don’t require pcat. To switch over to pharmacy, you still need to apply like others through pharmacas. Good luck with your decision!

Hello everyone!
has anyone received a decision or some sort from WSU pharm from the recent interview session this month? Feb 9th.