WSU Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmhopeful

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an out-of-state applicant who just received an interview invite to Washington State in Pullman. They're going to interview me at their Spokane campus. There aren't really any interview feedback entries from 2007 in the feedback section, so I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice. Is it just a faculty or is it a student and a faculty member? Any information at all would be helpful :)
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yo, I'm also an out-of-state applicant but haven't heard anything from the school...when'd you submit your application? My pharmacist manager didn't want to give me his recommendation until he knew me better so I wasn't able to get it to the school until late Janurary. It's one of the only 2 schools that I've completed my prereqs for so I'm hoping to get an interview.

Hey, they received my materials on 1/11/07 and I got the message on my phone on 2/14/07. Are you in Alaska, Hawaii, or Northern Idaho? Apparently those regions get preference after Washington residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
Southern California. So, I guess we'd both be having a climate shock if we end up at this school. :)

Sorta...I graduated from Colorado State University and came back home to take a few prereqs so I can apply to a few other schools. Winters were miserable there but if I endured it once, I can do it again heheh. Still waiting on both Washington schools but at least I got an interview for CPG.

pharmhopeful and suppaman.... what are your stats??? if you dont mind :)

pharmhopeful and suppaman.... what are your stats??? if you dont mind :)

Cumulative GPA: 3.9
Science GPA: 3.86
One summer clinical pharmacy experience several years ago
2 years biomedical research experience
Completed my BS in 2004 (but have been finishing up prereqs for the past year)

Cumulative GPA: 3.9
Science GPA: 3.86
One summer clinical pharmacy experience several years ago
2 years biomedical research experience
Completed my BS in 2004 (but have been finishing up prereqs for the past year)

very nice :)

i have similar stats as you...
plus 2 years research experience
1 year pharmaceutical research
starting to work as a pharm tech for inpatient pharm
completed bs in 2003... also finishing prereqs.

not sure if im going to go this year or next... i would like to weigh out my options in choosing a school.:confused:

good luck tho! i have faith in you!:D

My god your GPA's good...mine is just a 3.52 with a 3.4 science. I didn't decide to go into pharmacy till after I graduated so I just started working in a pharmacy in August. I have 3 yrs of exp in academic research. I also have a decent PCAT composite score even with a terrible reading score that's barely over the double digit percentile.

Just got a call Friday to interview 3/14! Anyone else interviewing then?

Pharmhopeful- did you interview yet?

Pharmhopeful- did you interview yet?

Hey :) Not yet. I'm interviewing in a week. March 5th. This interview sounds like it might be a lot harder than my other interviews so far. Are you from Washington?

Yes, I'm from Washington. I grew up in Spokane, went to WSU for my undergrad degree, and I am currently living in Pullman as the live-in advisor for my fraternity! This will only be my second interview!

Hey :) Not yet. I'm interviewing in a week. March 5th. This interview sounds like it might be a lot harder than my other interviews so far. Are you from Washington?

I chose interview on March 23rd so that I can have enough time to prepare myself. Do you know if it is more advantage to choose an earlier interview? The secretary at WSU said that the school will interview everyone first then send out acceptance letter in April.

I chose interview on March 23rd so that I can have enough time to prepare myself. Do you know if it is more advantage to choose an earlier interview? The secretary at WSU said that the school will interview everyone first then send out acceptance letter in April.

I hesitate to believe that, just because that's what UCSF said and then they started evaluating candidates and sending out letters before their last interview date, but the number of slots they offered before completing the interview process was probably negligible. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Think about it this way--you won't have to wait for very long before you find out if you're offered admission! :)

I think that's true. They send out all their letters at once. Acceptance, denial, wait-list, whatever.

Hey! I just got my call last Thursday and will be interviewing on the 14th. Why do you think this interview will be any harder? Does anyone know what types of questions they ask and what the essay question is like? Thanks and good luck!

Hey! I just got my call last Thursday and will be interviewing on the 14th. Why do you think this interview will be any harder? Does anyone know what types of questions they ask and what the essay question is like? Thanks and good luck!

I guess the reason I'm saying that is that there are so few posts in the interview feedback area for WSU and one of those responses was particularly negative. I have heard both that the interviewers take on good cop/bad cop roles and that the interviewers are very chill and the interview is totally relaxed. I'm confused! I think I was expecting all the tough questions for my previous interviews and either I was so prepared for them that they didn't seem difficult or they just didn't ask anything too difficult...who knows. I think I'm just worried about this one, because I don't know all that much about the school and I don't have the information packet because I just downloaded the application from the website. I will be doing my best to memorize their website before the interview so I can ask them intelligent questions! I'm scared!

It seems like there were examples of past essay questions in the interview feedback section. They seem pretty standard compared to what I saw at UCSD & UCSF. If I remember correctly, they were something along the lines of who is your hero and why....something to that effect....not health care related. If anybody knows I'm wrong, please tell me!

I'll have more to tell you guys after the 5th :) Wish me luck!

Received a letter today from WSU that I am on the alternate list. Anyone else hear anything yet?

I was accepted today. I felt like the interview was very relaxed and they really let me lead the tempo and even direction of the interview, I was also really impressed with the program overall after attending class and talking with students. I'm assuming the interview could be quite different depending on who you interview with. I had definately done my homework prior to the interview though. Is N. Idaho really given priority? I asked the admissions lady about this months before applying and she told me ID students were as out of state as any other no HI, AK state because we DO have an accredited PharmD program at ISU and that AK and HI don't. At any rate, living close by allowed me to know some people in the program and get familiar with the school and program...which obviously helps a lot. Congrats on getting on the alternate! Best of luck getting in!

Thanks! And congrats on the acceptance!