WSU-terminal surgeries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vetready

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could comment on WSU's policy for terminal surgeries? use of cadaver dogs? cadaver surgery? body donation program and/or use of anatomical models? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

All schools use cadavers in some way. Especially in anatomy. There are alternatives (don't know if they offer them) to the use of cadavers, but you need a cadaver to create the program, or take the pictures required, for that alternative.

Are you talking about how they acquire their animals? How they treat their animals? What they think about the use of animals?

Here's a link for the last question.

Wsu does have an alternative track available, you have to inquire about it early on and it requires a lot of work on your part but good to know it's an option. I am also hazy on what you're asking in terms of use, etc. but I do know that we also have a program for donating dogs. It's all very tightly regulated and if you want more information that is very detailed and clear and accurate, contact Charlie Powell at WSU. He'll tell you everything you need to know and more.