wtf AADSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

that guy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im freaking out right now. I submitted my complete application on May 22 but it still has not been printed out to schools. WHat is taking them so long?! Am I stressing myself out for nothing?:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

im freaking out right now. I submitted my complete application on May 22 but it still has not been printed out to schools. WHat is taking them so long?! Am I stressing myself out for nothing?:scared:

I submitted my application in 2006 around June 1 and it wasn't sent out until July 14. My first interview invite (VCU) was sent to me about a month later (Aug 16 or so).

They have all your transcripts? And you paid the fees?

Members don't see this ad :)
They have all your transcripts? And you paid the fees?
'
yes, paid the grand and transcript is there. it says that my application is available online. but do the admissions office really check AADSDAS online?

Ive been away for 2 weeks so I havent kept up with the site, only to come back and see that my #( hasnt been sent out

'
yes, paid the grand and transcript is there. it says that my application is available online. but do the admissions office really check AADSDAS online?

Ive been away for 2 weeks so I havent kept up with the site, only to come back and see that my #( hasnt been sent out

I assume that they have your transcripts verified? Check to see when the schools received your transcripts. Aadsas is really quick this year and seems to verify GPAs around 4 business days after getting your transcripts.

If they don't have your transcripts yet (and you're sure they were sent in), give them a call to see what's up.

I submitted my app on June 4th, but they didn't receive my transcripts until June 11th. My gpa was verified 4 business days later (still haven't been sent yet though).

Don't stress out too much!!

The whole AADSAS and application process is a study in "hurry up and wait". You hurry to get all of the required materials to them and then wait forever for something to happen. My advice is to check to be sure everything you sent (or had sent) is in order. Then try not to check more than once a week or you will stress yourself out. (Last year they mailed on Monday.) Work on any of the secondary apps you can to keep yourself busy.
Last cycle, I submitted early June and was verified 3 weeks later but my app didn't mail until the second week in July. But that wasn't the only time during the cycle I was waiting on pins and needles. I then had to wait for interview invites. My interviews were in September. Schools cannot release acceptances until December 1st. My point? The waiting and wondering has just begun!

AADSAS has eight weeks to mail out your materials once they have everything on file. Stay calm. You will still have an early application.

I called AADSAS today to check on the status of my application because it had not been mailed out. My application was available to dental schools as of June 6th and according to AADSAS was mailed out today (June 23rd). My status online indicates that my application has not been mailed out, but on the phone they said it sometimes does not show up for a couple of days. So possibly yours was sent out today. Good Luck