WTF is a cathopathic physician?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

I don't follow ZDoggMD (although I might start doing so)... But, I think it would be interesting to see an adversarial interview on ZDogg or that KevinMD site... an interview with this Turd Muffin RN, DNP LMNOP. Especially calling out his online/diploma-mill credentials.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't follow ZDoggMD (although I might start doing so)... But, I think it would be interesting to see an adversarial interview on ZDogg or that KevinMD site... an interview with this Turd Muffin RN, DNP LMNOP. Especially calling out his online/diploma-mill credentials.

If you are a member of the Facebook group EMDocs, ZDogg was called out for supporting midlevels, probably because his wife is one. No help there, mang. Besides, pitting one narcissist against another - have you no shame?

Reactions: 2 users
If you are a member of the Facebook group EMDocs, ZDogg was called out for supporting midlevels, probably because his wife is one. No help there, mang. Besides, pitting one narcissist against another - have you no shame?

You can "support midlevels" while at the same time vigorously protesting ridiculousness like this.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Oh man... Never mind then!

Reactions: 1 user
When you need to get your car fixed and money is tight, do you take it to the certified dealership, or do you know a guy who can get the job done for you correctly, cheaper and faster? Most of us know a guy, cause we all know the dealership is super expensive. And as long as they fix the issue and the car works most of us are happy and go on about our business. Same is thing going on here.
the difference is the guy you know is a mechanic, like the dealership mechanic not the 18 yo at jiffy lube

NVM was wrong

Last edited:
Man what a benedict Arnold. He tried to pass her off as a doctor in one of his vids. Fake af
Him and Doctor Mike put out a video lol. The doctor versions of insta-hoes.

Although I think ZDogg's remixes are pretty cringey, I don't necessarily hate a bunch of his other stuff. He may be a big proponent of midlevels (I haven't seen any of his videos regarding them, because I don't want to watch 50min videos) but his wife is a radiologist.

Source: Margaret Lin, M.D

Although I think ZDogg's remixes are pretty cringey, I don't necessarily hate a bunch of his other stuff. He may be a big proponent of midlevels (I haven't seen any of his videos regarding them, because I don't want to watch 50min videos) but his wife is a radiologist.

Source: Margaret Lin, M.D

So corrected. Not his wife, but someone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is going to sound mean, but I truly would love to know what % of DNP could just pass the USMLE.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This is going to sound mean, but I truly would love to know what % of DNP could just pass the USMLE.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I believe it was about 10 years ago that half of the np students at columbia (which I presume is a decent program) failed a watered down version of step 3 that was written by nps specifically for nps. This is a test that most residents put minimal effort into.

I believe it was about 10 years ago that half of the np students at columbia (which I presume is a decent program) failed a watered down version of step 3 that was written by nps specifically for nps. This is a test that most residents put minimal effort into.
That is funny. I would rather see them take step 1 though. They have the same basic education so...

At least we waited until his character was thoroughly assassinated before correcting the record.

This was something that started on EMDocs, where he had criticized an EM doc because he had been called out about his support for NPs, and then livecast and named one of the EM docs who questioned why, as a non-EM doc, he had been allowed on the forum. I'm no longer part of EMDocs, but I can certainly try to find a copy of his rant against that doc, which is no longer listed/available on any of his sites. You can choose to call it 'character assassination', I've already corrected my mistake.

EDIT: Here it is - 12:20 - you can't find this video on his site, but he says that he 'doesn't delete his videos'. Hmmm.

TLDR: He goes one for 22 mins about how he was wronged. Sorry/not sorry about all the NPs who attacked one EM doc after he doxxes her. Snarkily says 'it's violation to divulge info about the the group, but since I'm no longer part of the group, doesn't apply to me, so', names names, then name calls - "Dr Dick". Proclaims himself the victim. Yup.

Last edited:

One of my friends studying for NP boards claimed she was "crushing" Step 2 questions and doing terrible on the NP practice. I asked how much OB and Pediatrics was on her test, she responded with "that's outside of my scope of practice" - how convenient. Turns out she was using some nursing Q-bank which alleges it covers Step 2 as well, certainly wasn't something main stream like U World.

Pediatrics is outside scope of practice for NP? That's 90% of what our midlevels see...

One of the many reasons why ACEP says PAs are the preferred non-physician provider for emergency departments.

Reactions: 4 users
He may be a big proponent of midlevels (I haven't seen any of his videos regarding them, because I don't want to watch 50min videos) but his wife is a radiologist.

I think he makes his feelings very clear at about 10:25:

Reactions: 3 users
the hybrid program....it's coming to a town near you. I've been fielding a ton of phone calls from these DNP students. it seems to be all on line and they have to find their own preceptors. clinical rotation is not necessary!!! it's clinical hours that's needed, even shadowing/observation counts. I don't know if all schools do this

so I asked exactly what does that mean?
reply "well doc, I just need someone to follow so I can sign off on this sheet stating I was here for 225 hours"
me "so are you credentialed at my hospital? do you have student/mal insurance? shelf exams? core curriculum?"
reply "I got a badge to follow dr x on this rotation so I must be ok to be here, I just wanted something different like in the er so I thought I could finish the hours with you"
me "ummm.. ok....you can walk off a rotation like that? is your attending ok with it?"
reply "you mean the doctor? I called my teacher at the school and shes' ok with me switching. but it has to be thur-sun b/c I am busy the rest of the week"
me "I can't accommodate your schedule. sorry"

This is very common after talking to various nurses pursing NP degrees. They cold call various doctors to get their "clinical hours" regardless of if they even do/learn anything at all. As such there's a bunch of nurses that I've worked with sitting in limbo after completing their "didactics" waiting to get clinical hours before they can complete their degree requirements.

Compare that to PA education. 12+ months of intense butt-in-seat learning, followed by 12+ months of structured rotations with required end-of-rotation exams, and including rotations in EM, Surgery, Cards, FP, peds, womens health, psych, and others, and then a standardized certification exam.

It's degree creep, and for a degree that is not respected by any group with effort or academic rigor.

I’m a first year DO student and registered nurse. When people ask me why I “went the medical school route instead of nurse practitioner” this is exactly why. NP was never a consideration for me. My only debate was between PA and Physician. Because I don’t respect the education model for NP and would have felt inadequately trained for the position that they are pushing for AKA independent practice/equivalency to physicians.

When I did my clinicals for my associate degree ASN-RN, there were nurse practitioner students there doing the same thing/less than I was. I’m talking at an OB outpatient office I was at least doing fetal heart tones and fundus measurement and they were SHADOWING. And I was an associate degree nursing student and they were NP students!!! This is what they do for “clinicals”. They cold call physicians so they can get a certain number of hours logged and signed off. Even though they are learning/doing nothing. And even then the amount of hours is so minimal even if they were productive.

An argument I always hear for the sub-par clinical education (and didactic education) is that they have healthcare experience. Sure. But as a nurse. It’s not the same, I promise. PA is a route for those with healthcare experience but they don’t use that as an excuse for sub-par education. PA has a respectable education and training model along with appropriate level of providing afterwards.

@MSmentor018 your phone call example made me laugh so hard because it is hilarious, but also painfully real. I truly enjoyed how you tactfully declined.

Reactions: 7 users
Proof is in the pudding. There are ****ty MD/DOs and there will certainly be ****ty DNP/NPs. Some pts won’t care, some will, eventually pts who do will gravitate toward the non-****ty “providers”. Eventually some of the DNP/NPs will not feel comfortable with their lack of oversight and revert back to supervised role. There will be some/few DNP/NPs who practice on par to MD/DOs and will provide a good service to pts.

Powerless and apathy are my view points.
people just want a white coat who can give them pills for any problem that ails them. don't care where they trained, preferably cheap (if not free) and convenient. a diagnosis other than "viral syndrome" is almost an absolute must. anything to justify the reason for their perceived medical visit and time used. Society with the help of business drove this scheme and it'll go on until, I hate to say the lawyers figure it out and get involved.

people just want a white coat who can give them pills for any problem that ails them. don't care where they trained, preferably cheap (if not free) and convenient. a diagnosis other than "viral syndrome" is almost an absolute must. anything to justify the reason for their perceived medical visit and time used. Society with the help of business drove this scheme and it'll go on until, I hate to say the lawyers figure it out and get involved.

See my recent thread "The average patient doesn't know what anitbiotics are used for".
In the first post, I conclude: "The number-one source of burnout is the patient."

Sadly, I think its only going to get worse with the millennial entitlement attitude and their views of NP/PAs as being "better than doctors because of.... ["feelings"/"whole patient"/other soft and fuzzy bull$hit argument]

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: "People like white magic, because science is hard."