-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WTF is wrong?
Started by Planktonmd
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Screw you! You are an imbecile.🙂
How about that? I got it started for you.
How about that? I got it started for you.
Too much energy is consumed wondering what the F is going to happen to healthcare accessibility. The strong personalities are wasting time arguing about things that may never happen.
...and Jet's not here anymore. Yeah, maybe that, too.
On a related note, I have received more emails this month from Roger Moore than from my own family. I'm calling him to see if he has 4 extra chairs at his Thanksgiving table.
...and Jet's not here anymore. Yeah, maybe that, too.
On a related note, I have received more emails this month from Roger Moore than from my own family. I'm calling him to see if he has 4 extra chairs at his Thanksgiving table.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Screw you! You are an imbecile.🙂
How about that? I got it started for you.
FU A hole!
😀
But, why do you think I am an imbecile? do you have any data to support it?
Maybe you should start bringing back some of the classics like this one.
OK people, this is getting annoying!
What happened to this forum?
Why there is so little traffic?
Why aren't we arguing and trashing each other any more?
Eres más malo que marihuana
http://chromlea.trap17.com/spanish/insults.html
WTF is wrong with that?
I used to think this forum was great for 2 reasons:
1) real-life cases and discussion thereof
2) insight into "real-life" anesthesia, practice, lifestyle, work environment, etc
Mostly just Obama stuff recently.
1) real-life cases and discussion thereof
2) insight into "real-life" anesthesia, practice, lifestyle, work environment, etc
Mostly just Obama stuff recently.
FU A hole!
😀
But, why do you think I am an imbecile? do you have any data to support it?
A double blind study by S. Wonder and R. Charles published a few years back in the Journal of Imbecile Medicine🙂
Is that enough data?
I used to think this forum was great for 2 reasons:
1) real-life cases and discussion thereof
2) insight into "real-life" anesthesia, practice, lifestyle, work environment, etc
Mostly just Obama stuff recently.
I couldn't agree more. I used to check this forum at least once per day and now it has dropped to maybe once per week. An additional factor is that I am now an intern and don't have much time to spend looking at anything on the internet.
On another note...I got to do my first emergent intubation at 4am in the ICU today - YEAH! It was on a 450lb woman with a cavitary aspergilloma causing massive hemoptysis.
I could start another thread about locums. 
Seriously though, we have discussed everything under the sun and nothing is new to us. This forum needs new personalities, not the old ones. And whoever chased Mil off has something to do with this, as well.
Hell, even the moderators are absent. Not that there has been anything to moderate lately. I haven't seen a post from UTSW since he became a mod.

Seriously though, we have discussed everything under the sun and nothing is new to us. This forum needs new personalities, not the old ones. And whoever chased Mil off has something to do with this, as well.
Hell, even the moderators are absent. Not that there has been anything to moderate lately. I haven't seen a post from UTSW since he became a mod.
I could start another thread about locums.
Seriously though, we have discussed everything under the sun and nothing is new to us. This forum needs new personalities, not the old ones. And whoever chased Mil off has something to do with this, as well.
Hell, even the moderators are absent. Not that there has been anything to moderate lately. I haven't seen a post from UTSW since he became a mod.
Agreed. Losing Venty was huge too. He stimulated some good clinical discussion.
Overall I see Anesthesiology running its course in terms of popularity for the current cycle. I haven't been in this game long obviously but we seem to be a boom-bust specialty. Like Rads, Path and some others. My suspicion is that we are heading for a downward shift in terms in popularity and probably overall compensation. Which is good IMHO. Supply and demand and all that. Less people going into it will put our skills in higher demand. When I started medical school Anesthesiology was just heating up and Radiology was red hot. PC was dead. That trend seems to slowly be reversing as Radiology seems to have cooled off considerably in last few years. Are we a micro-cosm (sp) of that? I think maybe. But also I have come to learn you can never predict what the hell will happen. Is Barak going to destroy our livelihood? Maybe. But I wouldn't be anymore surprised to see this nightmare turn into a huge boom for us. We'll have to wait and see...
I figured out the answer Plankton's questions in the OP...coprolalia hasn't posted on here in over 2 weeks! Either being a fresh attending is kicking his ass, or he's just big timing us now that he's making attending bucks. 
Agreed. Losing Venty was huge too. He stimulated some good clinical discussion.
Overall I see Anesthesiology running its course in terms of popularity for the current cycle. I haven't been in this game long obviously but we seem to be a boom-bust specialty. Like Rads, Path and some others. My suspicion is that we are heading for a downward shift in terms in popularity and probably overall compensation. Which is good IMHO. Supply and demand and all that. Less people going into it will put our skills in higher demand. When I started medical school Anesthesiology was just heating up and Radiology was red hot. PC was dead. That trend seems to slowly be reversing as Radiology seems to have cooled off considerably in last few years. Are we a micro-cosm (sp) of that? I think maybe. But also I have come to learn you can never predict what the hell will happen. Is Barak going to destroy our livelihood? Maybe. But I wouldn't be anymore surprised to see this nightmare turn into a huge boom for us. We'll have to wait and see...
I think anesthesiology has always been fairly cyclical, at least since I've been in. In the mid-80's, things were pretty tight - residency went from three to four years, and things took a while to catch up. By the early-mid 90's there were a lot more anesthesiologists, many of whom took less-than-stellar positions just to get a job. By 2000 or so, things had tightened up again, life was good, and more started going into anesthesiology. Now things are getting flushed, everyone is paranoid about ObamaCare, and I'll bet there will start to be a lot of open residency positions in anesthesiology the next few years. Supply and demand - as always.
I could start another thread about locums.
Seriously though, we have discussed everything under the sun and nothing is new to us. This forum needs new personalities, not the old ones. And whoever chased Mil off has something to do with this, as well.
Hell, even the moderators are absent. Not that there has been anything to moderate lately. I haven't seen a post from UTSW since he became a mod.
I think majority of the reason is the mods ban people for stupid reasons. The board doesnt work if there is censorship. Who wants post when if someone disagrees with you is gonna get banned.
Militarymd was like this, he was and is a bonehead and when and if he comes back i think he owes some people an apology and i hope he will be on his best behavior.
as far as locums go. the locums market is tight i heard.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think majority of the reason is the mods ban people for stupid reasons. The board doesnt work if there is censorship. Who wants post when if someone disagrees with you is gonna get banned.
Militarymd was like this, he was and is a bonehead and when and if he comes back i think he owes some people an apology and i hope he will be on his best behavior.
as far as locums go. the locums market is tight i heard.
Yeah, you always had the right answers.🙄
What mods? There hasn't been any moderator activity here in forever.
I'm sure if Mil ever read this post of yours he would straighten right up.

Yeah, the locums market is tight alright. It's right up your alley.
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
I think majority of the reason is the mods ban people for stupid reasons. The board doesnt work if there is censorship. Who wants post when if someone disagrees with you is gonna get banned.
🙄
Similar threads
- Replies
- 479
- Views
- 56K