WVSOM Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's going to the Walton family, not Lewisburg.

And the shareholders :rolleyes: Dang money grubbers. I thought they paid a little better after a lawsuit that was filed against them back in 02' but I can see where they can get away with paying alot less in a rural town.

I guess that puts in into perspective. But that brings up another good point bro. There is a Krogers about 3.5 miles from the school. It's just past Greenbrier Valley Hospital. I remember Jade and I went there the night before my interview to snag a few groceries.

Members don't see this ad.

yes i'm fundamentally opposed to shopping at wal-mart for many of the same reasons. good to hear there is a kroger's- that's a nice familiar name to me :) . also nice to hear there is a dairy queen to satisfy my addiction to processed sugar. gotta work on that one...

and as for bears on rollerskates, i'm willing to bet that giraffes may not be the best skiers. probably has something to do with their high center of gravity... sounds like we might have a few members for a ski club? nothing like having a school subsidize your recreational activities.

hey richie, im curious as to how youve become such an expert on lewisburg? this will prove invaluable if you do in fact end up there.

anyways, back to another long day in the ed....

-pete

There is so much to do around here. Lucky for us med students who love to eat, there are tons of restaurants. The only downside is the lack of places to shop. I, too, am a best buy, circuit city, office depot, office max freak.... but it's just as easy to have it shipped to your door...... and if you can't wait... there's a staples in beckley (45 min), along with a decent mall. Gotta love loan money.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey richie, im curious as to how youve become such an expert on lewisburg? this will prove invaluable if you do in fact end up there.

Dunno if I can call myself an expert on Lewisburg :p But I shall expound a smidge. My best friend, Jade and his future wife attend the school. In fact, he is the reason I discovered about Osteopathic medicine as we went to undergrad together for 3.5 years. I talked to him and he helped me sort out where the good places to go are. In addition, I am an explorer. I love to play golf and well some of those golf courses are out in the middle of BFE so I had to drive around to find em all ;) I've also been up twice to look at housing in Lewisburg and with the school being kinda shut down on the weekends, ya have to entertain yourself someway ;) So I hop in my lil Integra and drive around. So in summary, I'm not a real "expert" on Lewisburg but I've explored a bunch. After all I gotta live there for at least 3 years ya know!

I, too, am a best buy, circuit city, office depot, office max freak.... but it's just as easy to have it shipped to your door......

I thank the good Lord everyday for Newegg (www.newegg.com) the only place I buy computer parts now hehe. As for all my wonderful geeky gizmos I like to pick up at best buy, I guess I'll have to make the 45 minute milk run to Beckley :)

Richie Truxillo said:
my lil Integra and drive around

richie's lil Integra vs. lewisburg's winter

Tune in for this one, it'll be funny. :laugh:

hmmm maybe i should sell my eclipse? at least it has front wheel drive...

Hey! Jade has a lil Tiberon! He did ok :p

yeah yeah, so Angie told me I need an SUV. In addition Miss Ski Bunny has one and says I can just ride with her everywhere in her Montero. *shrug*

Just remember....

TEGGY POWER!!!!

*richie's teg slides down a hill and slams through the front doors of the local wal-mart*

Richie Truxillo said:
Hey! Jade has a lil Tiberon!

OK? You call leaving your car in a snow bank in the parking lot for two weeks OK? :p His car really sucked in the snow... but if you ask him he'll tell you it's because of his racing tires! :laugh:

hey, where are all the other wvsom class of 2008 people? there were lots of people on the list. yup, i'm calling you out... in both threads... woah.

Woah...I'm being called out again!

Michelle, SBLer, moving to L-berg at the last minute, tho I already have a place....any others out there?

Hello?? Surely there are more lurking out there....

~Michelle
WVSOM Class of 2008