Dec 23, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello, I am new to SND. Recently, I've been placed on "decision deferred" for WVSOM. My Mcat score is not that great, and I am pretty much sure that might be the main reason and that's why I'm hesitating to call them and ask why decision deferred. It's my top choice school and I would like to show them I am really and still interested in their school. However, I don't have anything new ( new EC or new score) to update them. All I can think of is get a LOR from my boss (he is a chief medical officer from a community health center where I work). Do you think it would help? Should I also email them that I'm still interested in their school, a little bit description of my current work (which I updated it on AACOMAS but only a brief), and my future plan with involving more ECs? Anyone suggestion would be appreciated!
Thank you~

Lost Vagus

5+ Year Member
May 10, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I'm not entirely sure any of those things will help you, but they probably wont hurt you. The best thing you can do is email or call admissions and see what the hold up is. What is your mcat? Are you willing to retake in January?

OP
lemoncandy
Dec 23, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I think my mcat is the red flag to put my file on hold. And, no, I don't plan to retake the test in Jan. So you think sending a new LOR won't help at all? :(

Lost Vagus

5+ Year Member
May 10, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Probably not, but it won't hurt. Everyone typically has pretty strong letters of rec. gpa and mcat are the most important things. If you have below a 24 on the mcat I would seriously consider retaking it