WVSOM-February Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Duchess

The Fifth Element
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
By any chance, is anyone going to be interviewing at WVSOM in February? I have an interview on February 16, and was wondering if anyone else would be there too. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Duchess said:
By any chance, is anyone going to be interviewing at WVSOM in February? I have an interview on February 16, and was wondering if anyone else would be there too. :)
Good luck. It's a really laid back interview.

FutureDocDO,

Yes, that's what I have heard. I am nervous, but looking forward to it. Thanks for the encouragement! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Duchess said:
FutureDocDO,

Yes, that's what I have heard. I am nervous, but looking forward to it. Thanks for the encouragement! ;)
Here's some stats you might find encouraging from US News & World Report.
Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 1,500 418 308 104
In-state: 138 96 71 53
Out-of-state: 1,362 322 237 51
Women: 687 205 162 50
Minorities: 358 57 35 13
International: 0 0 0 0

*** The acceptance rate post interview is ~74%. :thumbup: :luck: There's no doubt it'll be higher this year as well as next year since WVSOM is trying to double its class size.

FutureDocDO said:

*** The acceptance rate post interview is ~74%. :thumbup: :luck: There's no doubt it'll be higher this year as well as next year since WVSOM is trying to double its class size.
Hey all,
Is an interview the first week of march too late for anything but a waitlist spot, or will there still be room in the class then?
Thanks for your help!

my interview is on Feb 13.... kind of nervous, :)
does anybody know how close is General Lewis Inn from the school?? is it a walking distance or should i get there by taxi? thanks a lot and good luck to those who will be interviewing.. :)

greenmnm said:
does anybody know how close is General Lewis Inn from the school?? is it a walking distance or should i get there by taxi? thanks a lot and good luck to those who will be interviewing.. :)
The General Lewis Inn is only ~two blocks from WVSOM. If you are staying there you get free shuttle service to and from the airport. There are no Taxis in Lewisburg. You can rent a car at the Greenbrier airport if you so choose. Good luck.

BTW, the admissions center might not have a sign yet. It is the first building on the right if you are walking from The General Lewis Inn.

There are people in our class that interviewed in April so your not too late for a spot.

The General Lewis Inn is very close to the school. Its about a 5 minute walk.

FutureDocDO said:

WOOHOO! I like those stats....being a hispanic female (and from out-of-state in regards to WV) I'm always interested on the minority stats. Thanks for the info!

FutureDocDO said:
The General Lewis Inn is only ~two blocks from WVSOM. If you are staying there you get free shuttle service to and from the airport. There are no Taxis in Lewisburg. You can rent a car at the Greenbrier airport if you so choose. Good luck.

BTW, the admissions center might not have a sign yet. It is the first building on the right if you are walking from The General Lewis Inn.

FutureDocDO,

Which airport are you talking about? Admissions gave me two airports to choose from.

Duchess said:
FutureDocDO,

Which airport are you talking about? Admissions gave me two airports to choose from.
The code is LWB if you want to enter it in priceline.com or some other online airline ticket vendors. It's a small airport and thus will cost you more if you decide to land there. It's about a 10 to 15 minute shuttle from The General Lewis Inn.

Duchess said:
WOOHOO! I like those stats....being a hispanic female (and from out-of-state in regards to WV) I'm always interested on the minority stats. Thanks for the info!
No problem.

I have an interview on Feb. 20th, but I heard there may be 2 types of interviews granted by WVSOM...a group (informal) interview, and an indiv. (formal) interview....my login page says interview...how do we know which type of interview we are invited for?...I will call them monday...but if anyone knows...it would be great....

oh and is WVSOM the most expensive DO school or what?!

Members don't see this ad :)
mazimi said:
I have an interview on Feb. 20th, but I heard there may be 2 types of interviews granted by WVSOM...a group (informal) interview, and an indiv. (formal) interview....my login page says interview...how do we know which type of interview we are invited for?...I will call them monday...but if anyone knows...it would be great....

Oh, good question. I would just call on Monday and ask (which is exactly what I am going to do). The thought of a group interview makes me nervous...well, more nervous than I already am. :p

Yes, I agree, WVSOM is a bit pricey. Especially if you're coming from out-of-state.

I believe if you have the informal interview they said it in the interview invitation. I dont think they are doing group interviews this semester. ... but I could be wrong.

I do know that Creighton, though not DO, is about the same price for tuition. It is expensive but it's not the most expensive medical school there is.

mazimi said:

MSUCOM is for OOS students. I believe. 55K just for tuition.

Admissions are on rolling basis. Deposit is high. Many accepted applicants cannot come up with $$$, therefore U are safe. Good luck. Good school.

greenmnm said:

Call they will tell U. The staff very helpful. The best I came accross and I have done 7 interviews. Probably indv interview.

mazimi said:

does group interview means you're being interviewed with other students at the same time or you're being interviewed by more than one members of Admission Committee?
thanks for all your help ....

Group interview means with other students and I believe just one faculty member. Formal interviews (individual) are with Donna Varney, a clinitian, another faculty member, and you.

Duchess said:
Hi Duchess i was also there for an interview on Feb 16th. I was wondering if you have heard from them yet.

tsdesai,

No, I have not heard anything yet, but when I called admissions Mrs. Angie Bowyer said to keep checking your "online checklist" for a status change sometime next week (Tuesday or Wednesday). From what I've heard from other people, WVSOM is pretty good about getting back to you on time.

By the way, check your PM box. :)

Good luck to everyone else interviewing at WVSOM! I loved it, and I'm sure that you will too.

I was told by Angie the other day that they have not met, and will have a special session this monday....so hopefully, our apps. will be among the ones evaluated....

good luck everyone!

Mazimi,

Thanks for the update. I have been keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

EDIT: Typo

Hey gang,

Just encouragement for you Feburary people, I interviewed in Feburary and I was accepted...so don't think you are disadvantaged or anything.

They generally are swift on giving people decision letters (unlike many schools who keep you waiting).

Yes, WVSOM is a smidge expensive for an out-of-stater like me, but I'm doing fine with it! I think I made a good decision in coming here over the other schools I was accepted to.

So anyway, good luck to all of ya! Maybe I'll see ya at lunch!

-Richie

check out your CHECKLIST....IF YOU INTERVIEWED IN FEBRUARY, YOU MAY KNOW THE DECISION!!

GOT IN!

THANKS!

hey i was interviewed in Feb.. but the decision status online is still deffered.. has everyone who interviewed in Feb got an answer already??? anybody still waiting like me??
thanks

greenmnm said:
hey i was interviewed in Feb.. but the decision status online is still deffered.. has everyone who interviewed in Feb got an answer already??? anybody still waiting like me??
thanks

Greenmnm,

I know that they were a little behind on the interview processing for the February people (some issues with the meetings and such), but I thought that they had caught up by now. I interviewed on February 16, and so did Mazimi, and we both found out we got in a week ago. Your status will say whether you are accepted or declined; so if it still says "decision pending" then they might not have gotten to you yet. If all else fails, call Angie Bowyer at the admin office. She rocks.