FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi. I need some help obtaining some info about WVSOM. Please help me with the following. Thank you everyone for posting!

- are anatomy practical exams multiple choice with 2nd and 3rd order questions, multiple choice with first order questions, or fill in the blank?

- is embryology a separate course or bundled in with anatomy?

- how many hours of OMM per week? How long is OMM....first year only or both first and second year?

- is the curriculum PBL based or not?

- can you show up the summer prior to the start of your first year and take a class?

- What is the official anatomy textbook (Gray's Anatomy, Gray's for Students, Clinically Oriented Anatomy)?

- Do they grade on a curve?

Megalofyia

425 lbs and growing
15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2001
Hell, Norway
Status
Attending Physician
FutureDocDO said:
Hi. I need some help obtaining some info about WVSOM. Please help me with the following. Thank you everyone for posting!

- are anatomy practical exams multiple choice with 2nd and 3rd order questions, multiple choice with first order questions, or fill in the blank?
I do believe they are fill in the blank. I think I remember one of my SPL buddies saying this.
FutureDocDO said:
- is embryology a separate course or bundled in with anatomy?
It is not bundled with anatomy.
FutureDocDO said:
- how many hours of OMM per week? How long is OMM....first year only or both first and second year?
OMM is both first and second year. There is lecture for an hour once a week that is optional and a manditory lab for 1.5 hours a week.
FutureDocDO said:
- is the curriculum PBL based or not?
I dont know what you mean by based or not.
FutureDocDO said:
- can you show up the summer prior to the start of your first year and take a class?
I don tknow.. Lewisburg is pretty dead in the summer from what I can gather. I went camping and had fun the summer before I started.
FutureDocDO said:
- What is the official anatomy textbook (Gray's Anatomy, Gray's for Students, Clinically Oriented Anatomy)?
The students get some lab manual from the school and use and netters a lot but then supplement information from Moores. (This is just what I've been told by SPL. I dont have anatomy till next semester.)
FutureDocDO said:
- Do they grade on a curve?
no
They do the whole 70-79 = C 80-89 = b 90- 100 = A

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Megalofyia said:
I do believe they are fill in the blank. I think I remember one of my SPL buddies saying this.

It is not bundled with anatomy.
OMM is both first and second year. There is lecture for an hour once a week that is optional and a manditory lab for 1.5 hours a week.
I dont know what you mean by based or not.
I don tknow.. Lewisburg is pretty dead in the summer from what I can gather. I went camping and had fun the summer before I started.
The students get some lab manual from the school and use and netters a lot but then supplement information from Moores. (This is just what I've been told by SPL. I dont have anatomy till next semester.)
no
They do the whole 70-79 = C 80-89 = b 90- 100 = A
Thank you for the info.

About the Ads