Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

WVSOM info needed...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by FutureDocDO, Nov 11, 2005.

1. FutureDocDO

FutureDocDO 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi. I need some help obtaining some info about WVSOM. Please help me with the following. Thank you everyone for posting!

- are anatomy practical exams multiple choice with 2nd and 3rd order questions, multiple choice with first order questions, or fill in the blank?

- is embryology a separate course or bundled in with anatomy?

- how many hours of OMM per week? How long is OMM....first year only or both first and second year?

- is the curriculum PBL based or not?

- can you show up the summer prior to the start of your first year and take a class?

- What is the official anatomy textbook (Gray's Anatomy, Gray's for Students, Clinically Oriented Anatomy)?

- Do they grade on a curve?

2. Megalofyia

Megalofyia 425 lbs and growing
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I do believe they are fill in the blank. I think I remember one of my SPL buddies saying this.
    It is not bundled with anatomy.
    OMM is both first and second year. There is lecture for an hour once a week that is optional and a manditory lab for 1.5 hours a week.
    I dont know what you mean by based or not.
    I don tknow.. Lewisburg is pretty dead in the summer from what I can gather. I went camping and had fun the summer before I started.
    The students get some lab manual from the school and use and netters a lot but then supplement information from Moores. (This is just what I've been told by SPL. I dont have anatomy till next semester.)
    no
    They do the whole 70-79 = C 80-89 = b 90- 100 = A

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FutureDocDO

FutureDocDO 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thank you for the info.