• Scariest Story Contest

    Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

    JOIN CONTEST

WVSOM info

jclark3

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
9
0
    couple questions after trying to search the WVSOM website and past forum's and not finding much...

    i am from WAYYY across the country (WA state) and am interviewing @ WVSOM Dec. 8th...

    does the school have a dress code in general?

    what should i take with me to the interview (scheduled from 8am-2pm)...extra copies of AACOMAS, application, any extra info...should i take a purse even?

    anything else i should know?

    thanks!
     

    Megalofyia

    425 lbs and growing
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 13, 2001
    6,978
    13
    107
    Hell, Norway
    1. Attending Physician
      jclark3 said:
      does the school have a dress code in general?
      I think technically there is some sort of dres code that says not to wear tank tops or something like that..
      In any case for all practical purposes there is no dress code - unless your going to clinic or doing practice patient interviews. Those days you need to dress professionally and bring your white coat.
      jclark3 said:
      what should i take with me to the interview (scheduled from 8am-2pm)...extra copies of AACOMAS, application, any extra info...should i take a purse even?
      Just bring whatever would make you comfortable.. so like if you'd feel more at ease with your AACOMAS application or a copy of your secondary etc.. then that's fine. You dont have to bring anything with you if you dont want.
      jclark3 said:
      anything else i should know?
      Sometimes people call the school WVCOM here, so you might get some other info by --- ack nevermind I forgot the search is down.

      The school is very friendly. Lunch at the General Lewis Inn is good. I'd highly recomend staying and getting some of their blueberry pie.
      Feel free to talk to any of the students when your here.

      There wont be any PBL sessions on Dec 8 because it's a Thursday but you will be able to find PBL students studying in the PBL rooms if you wanted to stop by and ask them about the program.

      Good luck
       

      Canuck99

      Senior Member
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Oct 1, 2005
      299
      0
      1. Pre-Medical
        jclark3 said:
        couple questions after trying to search the WVSOM website and past forum's and not finding much...

        i am from WAYYY across the country (WA state) and am interviewing @ WVSOM Dec. 8th...

        does the school have a dress code in general?

        what should i take with me to the interview (scheduled from 8am-2pm)...extra copies of AACOMAS, application, any extra info...should i take a purse even?

        anything else i should know?

        thanks!

        I drove to my interview from Texas, so I know how it is coming from across the country. There is a thread that was posted titled "WVCOM," I would suggest checking out the three pages worth of Q&A. It is on the first page of the pre-DO forum, it should be pretty easy to find.

        My interview was very laid back and I felt comfortable throughout the enitre day. Everyone that I met was nice and made me feel welcome. Good luck, you should have no problems. Let me know if you have any other questions.
         

        EMTLizzy

        Full Member
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Aug 1, 2004
        247
        0
        40
        Manasquan, NJ
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          Megalofyia said:
          There wont be any PBL sessions on Dec 8 because it's a Thursday but you will be able to find PBL students studying in the PBL rooms if you wanted to stop by and ask them about the program.

          Good luck

          But the SBL students will be in class and we're way cooler anyway! :p

          And I'll have to dissent on the blueberry pie and recommend the peach cobbler.


          The interview is really chill. Ask lots of questions!
           
          About the Ads
          This thread is more than 15 years old.

          Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

          1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.