jclark3

10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Status
couple questions after trying to search the WVSOM website and past forum's and not finding much...

i am from WAYYY across the country (WA state) and am interviewing @ WVSOM Dec. 8th...

does the school have a dress code in general?

what should i take with me to the interview (scheduled from 8am-2pm)...extra copies of AACOMAS, application, any extra info...should i take a purse even?

anything else i should know?

thanks!

Megalofyia

425 lbs and growing
15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2001
Missery
Status
Attending Physician
jclark3 said:
I think technically there is some sort of dres code that says not to wear tank tops or something like that..
In any case for all practical purposes there is no dress code - unless your going to clinic or doing practice patient interviews. Those days you need to dress professionally and bring your white coat.
jclark3 said:
what should i take with me to the interview (scheduled from 8am-2pm)...extra copies of AACOMAS, application, any extra info...should i take a purse even?
Just bring whatever would make you comfortable.. so like if you'd feel more at ease with your AACOMAS application or a copy of your secondary etc.. then that's fine. You dont have to bring anything with you if you dont want.
jclark3 said:
Sometimes people call the school WVCOM here, so you might get some other info by --- ack nevermind I forgot the search is down.

The school is very friendly. Lunch at the General Lewis Inn is good. I'd highly recomend staying and getting some of their blueberry pie.
Feel free to talk to any of the students when your here.

There wont be any PBL sessions on Dec 8 because it's a Thursday but you will be able to find PBL students studying in the PBL rooms if you wanted to stop by and ask them about the program.

Good luck

Canuck99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
jclark3 said:
couple questions after trying to search the WVSOM website and past forum's and not finding much...

i am from WAYYY across the country (WA state) and am interviewing @ WVSOM Dec. 8th...

thanks!
I drove to my interview from Texas, so I know how it is coming from across the country. There is a thread that was posted titled "WVCOM," I would suggest checking out the three pages worth of Q&A. It is on the first page of the pre-DO forum, it should be pretty easy to find.

My interview was very laid back and I felt comfortable throughout the enitre day. Everyone that I met was nice and made me feel welcome. Good luck, you should have no problems. Let me know if you have any other questions.

EMTLizzy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2004
Manasquan, NJ
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Megalofyia said:
There wont be any PBL sessions on Dec 8 because it's a Thursday but you will be able to find PBL students studying in the PBL rooms if you wanted to stop by and ask them about the program.

Good luck
But the SBL students will be in class and we're way cooler anyway! :p

And I'll have to dissent on the blueberry pie and recommend the peach cobbler.

The interview is really chill. Ask lots of questions!