WVSOM Interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thadarknyte

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OKay, so a bit of a dilemma. When i started applying, i applied to these schools based solely on lo lo, i wanted to stay in the northeast part of america, as I was born and raised in New York (city and now suburbs).

So i get my interview invite from WVSOM today, and its on the 3rd. So just to read a bit more about it on thier website, it kinda got me scurred. THey talk about how they want thier physicians to work in the rural areas of west virginia and appalacihia, etc. Im okay with working in a rural area, actually, thats what i want to do, u know, change the scenery a bit, BUT, i dont really want to live in west virginia?

What is that school like? Am I making the wrong move by going there, since im more of a city person? Anyone know anything about wvsom that can give me some advice? PM ME if u can help, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

We have some people in my class from NYC and I do believe they plan on returning to New York to practice.

I'm from a large city and while there are things I miss overall I am very happy living here.

fyi: the appalachian region stretches from alabama to new york.